Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

"How I can use this game". Typical newbie question. Contrary to your opinion, I think that it is better to direct a newbie to a complete guide on the matter, so that from then on he will have access to all the important info for future reference, rather then have him ask more questions like that, which have already been asked and answered umpteen times over.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #12
Jordan
Game freak

I don't really like SilverBall, I downloaded it and I guess its alright.
Jordan is offline                         Send a private message to Jordan
Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #13
Kearnsy
Games Master

Another gae I have shareware for. Its quite fun, even after so many years.... nut alas so much like all the other pinball games.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 09-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #14
Jordan
Game freak

I told my little cousin about it and he loves it..
Jordan is offline                         Send a private message to Jordan
Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #15
Taskmaster
Super Freak

There was a pinball movie already - called Tilt - but it was not a movie based on a specific pinball table, but a movie about pinball. Wasn't Tommy also turned into a movie or something?

:evil:
Old 13-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #16
csteelooper
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Aug 25 2005, 09:56 AM
"How I can use this game". Typical newbie question. Contrary to your opinion, I think that it is better to direct a newbie to a complete guide on the matter, so that from then on he will have access to all the important info for future reference, rather then have him ask more questions like that, which have already been asked and answered umpteen times over.
In essence, you're right about this. But I find it more decent to at least describe a link you might provide, instead of just 'throwing' it at somebody. They might come to think that questions are not answered in a worthy way. It just helps keeping the atmosphere to an agreeable level... Still, I do think that there are indeed a lot of advantages in throwing a link instead of providing one answer (like I did). Should anyone come op with further questions, because of the answer, then they can just consult the guide.
Please bear in mind that I didn't have the slightest intention of disaproving any of the actions performed here. I just felt I might point out that a description to go with the link would certainly help to keep things smooth. Just say something like 'The answer to your question can be found in this guide' and then throw the link.
csteelooper is offline                         Send a private message to csteelooper
Old 24-12-2005, 11:06 AM   #17

Ein toller Flipper, den ich noch von meinem 486er kenne. Aber leider kann ichs mir nicht erklären, warum bei mir auf meinem neuen Computer nur noch der Fantasy-Tisch geht und die anderen nicht (Nova, Blood, ...) Kann mir jemand helfen?

Old 24-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #18
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Hmm, you should really at least try to speak english on these boards.

Anyway, did you download the game from Abandonia? Otherwise you might have gotten the shareware version, in which only the fantasy table is playable.
If you do have the full version it would be nice if you could tell use a bit more about your problem
Old 29-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #19
Riva_Styx
Default Not working for XP?

Does this downloaded game silverball only work for DOS?, because I have downloaded it to XP and it opens but theres no game loading up? just a black screen. Is there something im supposed to do? thanks..

Old 29-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #20
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

You need to use a DOS emulator, like DOSbox. Old DOS games will not run in Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete