Glista

I like KQ remakes, and they'r freeware k:
Glista is offline                         Send a private message to Glista
Old 20-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
yes, but they still are the first game developers ever
I don't see what that's going to change to the facts. They are just firing themselves in the foot. Both of them.

Let's face it: all the good game companies faded away because they been washed away by the less quality but big bucks company. Today, finding a good quality game is almost impossible and thus is the reason the gaming market is slowly fading away.
Old 20-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #13
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Mar 20 2006, 10:53 PM
Today, finding a good quality game is almost impossible and thus is the reason the gaming market is slowly fading away.
Not to be rude or anything, but you have to search for a game with your eyes OPEN. There are millions of great games out there. I buy a lot of neverheardofbefore games in shops and am surprised by the variety of genius developers on the market.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 20-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

yeah i agree with that ^^
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Old 20-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #15
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by troop18546@Mar 20 2006, 04:09 PM
the gaming market is slowly fading away
Are you INSANE!?
Do you realize this industry is booming to the point that it's exploding!?

Strangely some people think there's a lack of innovation around the industry.

Snobs! All of them!
I mean, go play The Suffering if you want a taste of someone' sick imagination, Metal Gear Solid is a story-telling experience like no other, The Legend Of Zelda series is always achieving new highs, God Of War was proof that adult entertainment doesn't need to involve breasts or stupid humour, Homeworld was released just a while back, Katamari Damaci is addictive beyond belief, Odama is insanely inventive, taking pinball in a whole new direction, I mean, COME ON! There are so many new ideas and possibilities thanks to hardware and the great minds that now thrive in this type of entertainment, this is stuff we couldn't have done EVER before this point.

Right now, with the advent of the nex-gen systems, we're going to see a WHOLE lot of innovation as the years go by, especially at Nintendo's side, with their Revolution, but imagine the kind of worlds the Playstation 3 or X-Box 360 can open up.

We can just use that extra hardware to create something that's even more and more amazing.
We can finally make those massive sprawling cities that are populated with people that actually have minds of their own, instead of the little utopias that seem to be filled with only four or three people.

And the best point I can offer,

Will Wright's Spore

Compare the olden days' innovation to now?
Pff, we're beating out those blocky beepy and annoying games altogether.
Granted, the oldies are classics, but that's the same as saying that movies suck just because they're new.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #16
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

metal gear solid, legends of zelda and homeworld are realy good games, but they are from "older" industry too

oder games rulled all the time, new developers bet on all the stupid "bump mappings, very cool chrome effectsm vertex shadings9857893.4, antialliasings and wow-boom new graphic/physical engines"

i think there are more of the older good games then new ones

btw.. suffering gets annoyng after you get in to half of the game. but yes atmospehere s great
Old 20-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #17
The Good Soldier Švejk
[BANNED]

The newer the game, the more it will suck, that rule works with most new games.

Some are good, lets say......................................1 of 100.

15 years ago it was 1 of 30.

And it only gets more worse............ .

The new submarine game, Silent Hunter 3, out of the box it only sucks!With the new supermod "Grey Wolves" it gets..................acseptable.

Command Aces of the Deep was just amazing!

That trend is............AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
The Good Soldier Švejk is offline                         Send a private message to The Good Soldier Švejk
Old 20-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #18
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Maybe I should remind you that the older age spawned some of the most hideously disgusting crap that has come out in this industry.

And Homeworld doesn't come from the older "age" the instant of 3D technology realization was in 1998, so any games Pre-era 98 is the older era.
For example, X-Com and that shaz was all out there.

But the question is INNOVATION and not quality. Because of the easy access and market appeal gaming has become, it's easier to find crappier games, but it's also easier to find better games, how so? More people developing games, the more people that're developing games, the more the industry grows and the more innovation flourishes.
I could count many more fantastic games from 1998-2006 than I could from 1979-1997, and believe me, until the year 2000 I had been stuck on M.U.L.E. , Platoon, and the undeniable charms of Peepersqueak. (Thanks to my original home, which was way out in the middle of nowhere).

I really think that the industry needs to grow, and it's going in the right direction now. There aren't any problems with innovation right now, and the innovative games ARE NOT being packed behind the dust.

Just look at Shadow of the Colosus, which has enjoyed good sales, Half Life 2 pushes the limits in immersion, Oblivion is already showing me just how damn amazing a virtual world can be (and interactive) and I can't wait till freaking Okami comes out!

I mean, it's not hard to see, the more games are coming out the more we can expect good ones.

It's all perportional thinking!

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 21-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #19
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Industry is not booming, but Nintendo and Sega master system generation is getting older and has more money...
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 21-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #20
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What? I didn't understand that sentence Anubis.

My Site -