Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sorry for the delay people but suffice it to say, the past few weeks have not been the best in my life. I have finally gotten around to finishing the contest and I am very pleased with the results. Out of five people who had all the Questions correct, one name was randomly choosen as the winner. Congradulation go out to Tuttle. he will be getting the game Outcast in the mail shortly.

An Honorable mentions is reserved for Littleguybrush who managed to get all questions to me in the record time of ten minutes, impressive.

Now for the Answers,

Space Quest 4 was released as talkie version on CD-Rom. Why wasn't Space Quest 5 released as a talkie version?

The developer, Dynamix, was forced to move onto new projects because of a bad financial situation at the time.

What 2001 hit game was greatly influenced by the storytelling and visual effects techniques used in motion pictures. Especially "Dark" ones.

This is, of course, Max Payne.

Both in the origional and the sequal of the game from question 2 the main Characters where modelled of of real people. In the sequal which actors posed for the male and female lead?

The actors in the sequal where, Timothy Gibbs as Max and, the lovely, Kathy Tong as Mona.

Which single person do the following games have in common?

Music man, Kevin Schilder

Which game, published in 1985 for DOS by a company that was bought by Infogrames (today ATARI) in 1999, is held by many as one of the earliest flight simulators?

Dambusters by Accolade.

I hope you have had as much fun participating as I have had making this contest and see you again next time.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 27-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Damn, thought of Max Payne as that game, but thought there wasn't a female lead in the first one
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 27-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #3
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I got the last one wrong, I said Sopwith.
I think we should have a list of people who got the right answers to each question.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 27-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Feb 27 2005, 10:51 PM
Damn, thought of Max Payne as that game, but thought there wasn't a female lead in the first one
There wasn't a female lead in the first game but that was not a requirement for the question.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 27-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

I knew it was Max Payne since you were so fond in this game.
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 27-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Feb 27 2005, 11:53 PM
There wasn't a female lead in the first game but that was not a requirement for the question.
I know, but the second question 'bout the game threw me off, where the female lead was mentioned. Didn't stop to think it could've been from Max Payne II only as well :whistle:
Old 27-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Feb 27 2005, 10:40 PM

An Honorable mentions is reserved for Littleguybrush who managed to get all questions to me in the record time of ten minutes, impressive.

If that's not deserving of a runner-up prize, I don't know what is!

...kidding.

Congrats Tuttle. k:
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush
Old 28-02-2005, 05:37 AM   #8
Decypher
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Decypher Send a message via MSN to Decypher Send a message via Yahoo to Decypher

It seems I'm one of the five people who answered them all correctly, so a little congrats to me too

..big congrats to Tuttle! ...and littleguybrush! 10 mins, that's what I call impressive.
Decypher is offline                         Send a private message to Decypher
Old 28-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #9
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Really is, isn't it. Makes you think he actually knew all of the answers and didn't have to look a single one up Damn cool if that's the case. Otherwise, it's still damn cool
Old 28-02-2005, 07:26 AM   #10
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Congrats Tuttle! :Brain:

Nice to see I got them all right though... took me an hour at the very least

Good brain-tickler Picard! Looking forward to #3!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Closed Thread