Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
cakedaemon

Default cakedaemon - No Future

After a long search, I finally managed to find No Future, possibly one of the rarest DOS games ever. This is a fully working copy, with music, and it works under a preset on D-Fend. It's almost impossible to find this game now, and it could do with a stable home before the last links die and the game is lost for good.

The game was Freeware when it was made, so uploading it should not be an issue at all.
cakedaemon is offline                         Send a private message to cakedaemon
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Freeware goes to AR but it would not stop us from hosting your review both on this site and our sister site.

We are always open to have rare games around. The whole point of this site is preserving their memory.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
cakedaemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Freeware goes to AR but it would not stop us from hosting your review both on this site and our sister site.

We are always open to have rare games around. The whole point of this site is preserving their memory.
I did a search, the game was made by Egosoft on a contract with the Federal Environmental Agency of Germany, translated into English and released as abandonware.

This game is so rare that MobyGames does not even have it on record. Just tell me what to do and I'll get cracking.
cakedaemon is offline                         Send a private message to cakedaemon
Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, for the start, go to your Unknown games topic and post that you found the game, the name of the game (year and company would be nice too) and all the links you found so far. That way we can work with the topic (naming the game, moving to a new proper place) and our members can check the game to confirm its status.

Before uploading the game archive, check for some unwanted files. We tend to offer games as they were when you obtain them beck then, so if you see files from like local dealer or crack team, remove them from the archive you want to upload. Then you'll get FTP access and instructions for uploading. Also, if there is a crack file or trainer which are not already applied on the archive, submit the archive without cracking/hacking the game. You can submit those additional files as extras.

Ideally, you may even want to write a review and get some screenshots so the game can be put on the site, either abandonia or reloaded depending on the status.

And thx for contributing, naturally
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
cakedaemon

Alright, I'll start compiling the information I have on the game in the thread.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
cakedaemon

I think I've got all the findable information on this game, and I've checked for any filler. None in there, thankfully.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

PM sent