Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #481
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Delinquency shows how rebellious she is, as the word says. I recommend to give her one free-time a month, best the last slot. If she has 0 Stress at the month's end/the next one's beginning, she will have a happy face - I think that is on of the requirements for her giving you a birthday present.

Working can bring only little money for a longer time. After working at a job for a certain number of times she will get a raise, and then a second and perhaps a third. You have to get up the perks that she needs for the respective work and keep her stress down to have her doing well on many days. If she does well on all days, she will get her pay doubled.
Old 17-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #482
roguenealer
Lurker

Default I cant download the game!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP

it says that my current is not compatible with the version of windows that your running check your computer system information to see whether you neen an x86 (32 bit or x64
roguenealer is offline                         Send a private message to roguenealer
Old 17-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #483
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You have downloaded the game; otherwise you would not be able to start it and would not be getting that message.

The answer is simple - use DOSBox: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=90

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #484
jfb

So...you can only raise the level of your charisma if you're a hooker?

I read that somewhere. Is it true? I did play the game and notice that nothing I did made the charisma go up.

Old 17-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #485
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It increases when working in cabaret and bar. There are also events and items which can increase it.
Here's a more indepth guide to stats: http://stevenson_junior.sweb.cz/pm2rpg.html

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #486
PrincessCasey

I just grabbed this an played all the way through, its a fun little game and I needed a break from discworld! I don't think I did very well though although not poorly She ended up a house wife marrying a rich merchant and I got a score of 411
Old 11-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #487
Ryunnosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Some question no walkthroughs explain:
- what are all the stats for? (like constitution gives hp. But moral? And all the others?)
- what are requirements to gain money from the jobs? (With other words what causes the girl to not work/work badly, and because of that be sad and run away?)
- what are the stats to wear the different clothes?
- how does adventuring works? (I never went adventuring. How does time pass there? How you gain back health and mana? What is the combat-system? How you find monsters to kill and how much gold you can get from adventuring?)
- which protector-gods (after you beat the War God) boost which stat?
- in every festival you can take the same challenge, or you have to do a different-one?
- how you get social reputation (to talk with people)?
- what does the father-daughter conversation options used for?
No one answered these so I thought I would.
1. CON - HP; STR - Damage potential/armor breaking; INT - MP; Charm/Charimsa (relabeled from Sex Appeal) - related to competitions, class, work. Sensitivity - Relates to fleeing and talking to monsters chance. Certain amounts let you find fairies and elves. Can cause daughter to find random items and gold during adventures, but can also cause daughter to run away. If Sensitivity is higher than any stat, she can run away. MORALITY - one of the most underated stats. Morality is the top cap of stress. If stress goes over morality, then daughter becomes delinquent. FAITH/SIN - Determines the top cap of stress/delinquency. Even if your daughter goes over the morality cap, she won't necessarily become delinquent if her Faith is higher than stress, or she will still listen to you *despite* delinquency if her Sin is higher.
2. You can get social rep by doing social jobs, training, or winning dance/art contests.
3. Father/Daughter conversations are important to keeping father daughter relations high or low. Talking to her raises relation ship by one point. Giving her pocket money reduces stress by 20 (very important to do this early on). Scolding while she is delinquent raises relationship and reduces stress.
Note: Time off is only good for mass bombing stress with pocket money. It reduces father daughter relationship (because you are basically letting her go off on her own). Vacation raises relationship and either increases sensitivity and weight (mountains) or reduces weight (sea during the summer months). For best results, give her high morality and faith/sin, and reduce stress with vacations/pocket money chat options.

Old 21-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #488
italo_calvino
Lurker

Quote:
So...you can only raise the level of your charisma if you're a hooker?

I read that somewhere. Is it true? I did play the game and notice that nothing I did made the charisma go up.
No, Dance school conveniently raises Constitution, Charisma. Also Art.
italo_calvino is offline                         Send a private message to italo_calvino
Old 24-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #489
PrLud

There used to be a PM2 editor but the link is dead. Can someone upload the stats editor again or send me a working link? Thanks.

PS : not talking about any hex editor. Here it's a trainer made in C++ which is much easier to use than editing hex files.
PrLud is offline                         Send a private message to PrLud
Old 24-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #490
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You mean this one? http://web.archive.org/web/201004100...grams/pm2edit/

-- Reed Richards