Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

Default M.U.D.S. - Mean Ugly Dirty Sport

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 29-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #2

Good old game, very funny. Can still remember playing it when I was young.

A little hint if you need money (and you will need a lot):
Buy 3 wothless Players you never want in your team, then let them train for about half an hour as frontmen (tactical or offense style). Afterwards, go directly to the market and sell them, although they are still bad players with bad skills, their morale is extremly high and you can sell them for about 7000-10000 apiece. Do this several times, try to visit every city in the first league and buy all bad players, train them and then sell them. If you don´t, you will soon run out of money, because later taxes will become very high (much like today). You will also need money to buy better and more specified players in later regions.
Beware, once you defeated all teams in one league, you can´t go back and play there again. So take your time and make lots of money early.

When you arrive in the last area (Ice), try to replace your whole team with scorpions as they are the best players and very strong - you will need them for the final.
Watch out for "Teut Busnet" (not completly sure about his name) in the first city, he will be your best frontmen in the middle until the Ice region.

It seems also very difficult to score 4 points in a row, if you got the first 3 goals, the computer will win nearly every fight and try to score itself. Afterwards, fight will become easier again, although the computer always wins more fights than you do.

Have fun, and break some bones. For real fun, try to win by eliminating so many enemy players that they have to surrender.

Old 30-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
RituroErganesti
Forum hobbit

Talking

Here I was, thinking there could never be a game to tide me over until I get Mutant League Football for my Sega Genesis back (or, to be accurate, until I get the Genesis repaired), or until I save up enough cash to order Chaos League from the UK. This game is going straight into my DOSBox as soon as I get off work!

:Titan:
RituroErganesti is offline                         Send a private message to RituroErganesti
Old 11-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
Lord_Scather
Forum hobbit

Really funny game. I remember how we laughed about the stupid words they invented for AGES!

"I'll give you what, you Flonk!"
"Make me you Elfum."

Played it on C64 (i think..or was it Amiga? I'm getting easily confused as i owned most major systems over the time)

Now it goes to DOSBox...Whoopeee!

<update>No, definitely C64. I'm pretty sure. :blink:

(What we really need is a Calvin & Hobbes game)
Lord_Scather is offline                         Send a private message to Lord_Scather
Old 20-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #5
Atrocity

Hello, I have played this game before, but I can't remember how to save. When I go to the diskette looking thing, all it has is history, quit, and load... no save

could ya help me out?
Atrocity is offline                         Send a private message to Atrocity
Old 28-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
Rodi

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocity@Jul 20 2005, 08:47 AM
Hello, I have played this game before, but I can't remember how to save. When I go to the diskette looking thing, all it has is history, quit, and load... no save

could ya help me out?
You can only save when you succsesfull end a complete zone & win the cup ^^ so you can only save 4 times in game xD

I remembre this game... O, man, how much times i've played it xD I remember specially the first man i always bought, the best of the current game. My number 9. Always, whit greats stats... & how many times he become dead for jumping trought the hole to take 2 points xDDDD

14-0 for all of you xD

Old 09-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
dtms

Loving this game, but I only have time to play the quick Action mode: but in this, I can only play with very limited players: would it be the case that more creatures get 'unlocked' as you progress in the campaign mode?

If anyone has a save game where they've opened the whole game up, that would be particularly sweet

Old 11-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
laiocfar
NOD Commander

In last cup u need to got an army of players, they die too quickly k:
Old 07-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
behemot

what are the conrtols? i know arrows but this one button which is it? i cant define keys because my computer stops and i need to reset it (sorry 4 language i'm from poland)

Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #10
laiocfar
NOD Commander

arrow keys control movement.
actions are done with the space bar, it isnt easy to handle.