Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default One Piece

If you seen a bad show, from an incompetent writer, bad pacing, full of fillers, cringy humour, which was basicaly an overrated Tom&Jerry - well, that's One Piece. Or should I say One Piss?

If you want to question what doesn't belong to "the big three", don't bother Bleach. Start with One Piece!
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

If you seen a bad show, from an incompetent writer, bad pacing, full of fillers, cringy humour, which was basicaly an overrated Tom&Jerry - well, that's One Piece. Or should I say One Piss?

If you want to question what doesn't belong to "the big three", don't bother Bleach. Start with One Piece!
Ummm ... I will give One Piece of my mind about what I think about “The Big Three” Stooges:

Quote:

I disagree with you for some very important reasons:

• The master of such a *ahem* “competent” author, who transformed the wannabe pirate Bubble Gum capable of defeating Shichibukai Crocodile, was the creator of Rurouni Kenshin who professed a great love for children. His heart, a true Champion, Paladin of Justice, was truly great.

• OTOH, Bleach preaches a moral lesson that even a talentless boy like Ichigo is able to overcome the great Captains and change the story! And that even the useless human Heroine (forgot her name) , being stupid perhaps because of heroin, showed us the extent to which human stupidity is capable of achieving.

Naruto makes a pun on Charuto (Cigar ), word in Portuguese, maybe because it looks like you are smoking trash *cough* *cough* or on drugs while reading Naruto...
Quote:

Precious Gollum! Gollum! One Piece of advice from Poke-man Bonk! Bonk! about the *ahem* noble importance of the Shounen comics:

01) The Shounen manga have greatly influenced the Diablo series so there are several combinations of Combinatorial Analysis and Probability so Diablo can always come back!

02) Shounen comics have the important role of Recycling Paper to help Mother Nature!

03) The Shounen comics always encourage that anything is possible and you learn to never give up! An excellent course for Psychology and Self-Help. Hellp! Hellp!
Errr... However, unfortunately over-reading of Shounen comics has adverse effects such as Megalomania and Grandiosity ... Will I be able to overcome Usain Bolt? Ka-me-ha-me-ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

• The master of such a *ahem* “competent” author, who transformed the wannabe pirate Bubble Gum capable of defeating Shichibukai Crocodile, was the creator of Rurouni Kenshin who professed a great love for children. His heart, a true Champion, Paladin of Justice, was truly great.
Holy sh... sheet!

♩♪♫♬ Big L. ♬♫♪♩ by Roxette

Their *ahem* “masterpieces”, One Piece of “Art”, are really One Piece of Sheet. Not to mention that the authors are also One Piece of Sheet.

I would make exception to the genre Mystery Shounen comics such as Kindaichi and its variations. There are a few others, less popular, but of much better quality and content without the unnecessary fan services. Popularity is not always synonymous with quality! Or popularity does not mean quality!

OK, I know I’ve been very critical of Shounen Comics.

To tell you the truth, there are Shounen and Shoujo titles, not very popular, that enchanted me in the past simply because they did not have clichés and other common bullsheet.

One of the titles would be Blue Dragon Ral Grad, which although there are many fan services scenes, the MC (Main Character) was not a muscle brain, but a brilliant strategist who knew how to use his brain gray cells.

Well, one of his weaknesses (perv!) was very noticeable, which made him go through bad times and trouble...

There are other titles whose names I’ve forgotten, but I did several screenshots of my favorite titles from a defunct site...

Last edited by Japo; 19-04-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 16-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, my thought is, compared to Bleach, I absolutely dispised Bleach. The drawings were unfinished, the story was boring, and the protagonist AND his human family were practicing psychopats. I never even got past the first episode. But I got what people could potentialy like in that thing.
Not the same for One Piece.

Just finished the existing part of the series (closing with Zou Island), and I see its main problem: the writer is a talentless ripoff, who dragged and padded his stuff way too long. But now at least I can make an abridged version, cutting 59% of the show because those are useless paddings, shennanigans, and fillers, my definition of filler being the western meaning, not the eastern, later being "not written by the author in the manga".