Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #291
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Sep 1 2005, 02:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Sep 1 2005, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Christian@Sep 1 2005, 02:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Eagle of Fire
Quote:
@Sep 1 2005, 10:10 AM
Having a lone Alien going berzerk on you and firing auto shots which can seems like endless, it can happen. However, did you ever heard of cover? Or/and you don't have to* walk right away to the Aliens in the game. Try to ambush it or something, or throw a grenade from afar.

If it's a night mission, bring at least enough flares to give every soldier one and never advance on the mission without taking your flare and throwing it further away. Otherwise it would be a suicide mission.

Trust me, I've been taking a lot more cover now than before, and chucking grenades all over the battlefield.
But it's really annoying when one of those aliens is waiting for me right outside my ship in the darkness and as soon as I step out with my guys, 4 of them get killed (again, one aliens shoots around 50 shoots and since the soldiers are tightly clustered, at LEAST 4 of them gets killed.
Soooo, don't have them so close to each other? Take cover? Use a tank to scout? [/b][/quote]
How the hell am I supposed to NOT have them clustered in the ship? ALL squads starts a mission clustered in the ship.
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 01-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #292
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

could it be possible that you only see it as many shots, because of some screen flickering??

i seriously never heard of this bug. and i also never had any problems with XCOM:TFTD. i know some other bugs, but not this one.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 01-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #293
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian@Sep 1 2005, 06:30 PM

How the hell am I supposed to NOT have them clustered in the ship? ALL squads starts a mission clustered in the ship.
If your troops are getting shot while inside the ship (never happened to me but I believe you), the use a smoke or two grenades at first to cover your exit from the ship. If you have a cannonfodder soldier or a tank, use them to exit first for a quick scan of the area. If your troops are clusteres together right outsise the ship, then, don't put them together so tight but let one or two at a time and look for cover before you take more out.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 01-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #294
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by gregor@Sep 1 2005, 06:33 PM
could it be possible that you only see it as many shots, because of some screen flickering??

i seriously never heard of this bug. and i also never had any problems with XCOM:TFTD. i know some other bugs, but not this one.
No, I'm positive that the aliens are shooting THAT many times.
It's kinda fun actually because it makes the game REALLY hard... I'm just worried about one thing: If it is this hard when playing on beginner...
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 02-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #295
laiocfar
NOD Commander

50 SHOTS!!!!???

"Trust me, I've been taking a lot more cover now than before, and chucking grenades all over the battlefield.
But it's really annoying when one of those aliens is waiting for me right outside my ship in the darkness and as soon as I step out with my guys, 4 of them get killed (again, one aliens shoots around 50 shoots and since the soldiers are tightly clustered, at LEAST 4 of them gets killed."

I am the top of tech tree and still using one man with the Gas Cannon with P proyectiles.
I can´t kill nobody with this but it will light the way.
But if happens that when u open the door of the triton an alien is already shotting u. ABORT ABORT
nothing to do, just take the few loses posible.
use the tank in land too (at the begin of game the sas or tank only shots in water).
if they destroy the tank continue as u can.
Anyway for help u, i need to know what tech do u got???

Anybody has ended the game in the good way.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:19 AM   #296
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian@Sep 1 2005, 09:53 PM

No, I'm positive that the aliens are shooting THAT many times.
It's kinda fun actually because it makes the game REALLY hard... I'm just worried about one thing: If it is this hard when playing on beginner...
not to mention the last mission where you can't save...

tip:always save in base before going on a mission, and when on a mission save each turn.

i am trully interested if you somehow manage to develope molecular control, how many time units will the aliens under M.C. have?

it might be that there is some error in file that determines their time units. tat way they could shoot many times. whenever i pleyed they usually shoot at me afew times. i didnt' give them much time anyway too shoot.

the only aliens i know that are capable of many miltishots are ther ones that looks like flying saucer and the one that looks like a dinosaur (takes up 4 squares like your tank). these two especially the saucer can shoot a lot of times (3-4 sometimes 5 shots per turn) and it's very hard to kill. others usualyl have max 3 shots per turn and even then they have to be standing and using autoshot.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 02-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #297
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Which version are you guys using? I have two versions, the one from here (DOS version) and another one from The Underdogs (Windows version). The DOS version runs kinda choppy but I don't know if it has the "bug" as well.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #298
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
tip:always save in base before going on a mission, and when on a mission save each turn.

i am trully interested if you somehow manage to develope molecular control, how many time units will the aliens under M.C. have?

it might be that there is some error in file that determines their time units. tat way they could shoot many times. whenever i pleyed they usually shoot at me afew times. i didnt' give them much time anyway too shoot.

the only aliens i know that are capable of many miltishots are ther ones that looks like flying saucer and the one that looks like a dinosaur (takes up 4 squares like your tank). these two especially the saucer can shoot a lot of times (3-4 sometimes 5 shots per turn) and it's very hard to kill. others usualyl have max 3 shots per turn and even then they have to be standing and using autoshot.
For the molecular control, 1 turn. When u see an alien and make the MC attack u must choise attemp to control the alien(for the turn of tht MC att u will move the alien and for the next aliens turn, he will be like an aquanaut, but for your next turn he will be an alien again) or just disrupt him (lower the moral and cause panic). The succes of the MC att is bases in the MC capacity of your guy, the training in MC of your guy and the tipe of alien. A orange alien(i can´t traslate hombrelangosta) is one of the easier targets, a tashlot is an medium taget and a tentacult is a hard one.

Each alien can shot as max 2 times. There are exeptions like the dinosaurs, the telebrains(the brain over a plataform, the one when killed explodes) and the Anrunoid. But in general, twice shot per alien and if the alien haved avance at least 3 block he will shoot single.

Some questions for you:

How did you do the first time that u find the orange aliens(hombreslangosta en espa?ol)?
I don´t got enough equipment to defeat them, i was still over the arpons launchers.
With some tanzer i manege to capture one of them. And i just bring the Gaus rifle to fight them but until i got MC, the missions against they took about 5 causalities each.

And before that i denvelope MC, each mission where one aquanaut gets controled by aliens was aborted.

And how i have to do for get the last mission???
Old 02-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #299
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian@Sep 2 2005, 10:05 AM
Which version are you guys using? I have two versions, the one from here (DOS version) and another one from The Underdogs (Windows version). The DOS version runs kinda choppy but I don't know if it has the "bug" as well.
i got the windows one
Old 02-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #300
piroklasztit
Forum hobbit

It's easy: hombreslangosta = Lobster man k:
piroklasztit is offline                         Send a private message to piroklasztit