Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #11
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by backifhs@Sep 6 2004, 09:58 AM
well, I got past that point, but now I have some problems (again)

1. How can I change my weapon? I found a weapon lying on a table, but iÍ can't pick it up, when I select it with "s" and press "u" (use), I just stays there, so I don't know how to pick it up nor how to change weapons.

A: By clicking W you can go through your weapons, look at the weapon icon to choose your way of destruction.

2. Since there are no videos in the game, I don't know what I have to do...

Go through you inventory with I and O and use those objects with U. One of the items will look like a horisontally black calculator. This is you com-link, and it will give you advice througout the game.
Ask if you run into more problems
Old 10-09-2004, 10:28 PM   #12

Another problem I ran into:

When I try to use pda, when a new message came it, it shows me using it for a sec, and that's it. I never actually see the message.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:18 AM   #13

it's a game like doom. don't need much to think about just walk arround flip all the switches, save often and kill & destroy everything in sight.

Old 19-09-2004, 06:46 PM   #14
alienstookmybeer

No video?

I can't see any special videos in this game, just the regular game play graphics. By that, I mean the opening video or any cutscene or any communications do not display properly. To me, this was a major highlight of the game. Is this just something Dosbox users are stuck with or is it my setup?

Old 19-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #15
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Usually movies are removed to save space and to speed up downloads, unless they are vital to the game.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 19-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #16
alienstookmybeer

Thanks, but I have the original game on CD. That's why I kinda know what I'm missing.

Doesn't look like my problem is a widespread problem because I don't see any other related post... just curious, what settings are others using with Dosbox? (I have a 3 GHz pc - Hewitt Packard, 512 MB ram, NVIDIA 5200 graphics card... but no idea what to set Dosbox to so that I can see these cutscenes)

Old 20-09-2004, 07:21 PM   #17
Data
retired

i think you should select lowres movies or so.
Old 21-09-2004, 10:51 PM   #18
alienstookmybeer

YES! Thanks a ton, Data. I forgot that Install.exe was also a setup program and changed the 16-bit color option. And here I was like a dumbass changing every D-Fend and Nvidia option I could and finding out how many ways I could screw up my PC.

Now I have that problem when he keeps spinning in circles and I have to shut down, but nevertheless, it's progress!

Old 27-09-2004, 03:01 AM   #19
Deus

So let me get this straight: No Regret does or does not have movies. If so, why won't they run in a native DOS environment? I'm not talking about the crappy imitation DOS of 2000 forward, but the DOS of Windows 95.
Deus is offline                         Send a private message to Deus
Old 08-10-2004, 06:35 AM   #20
Striker

[color=red][b][font=Arial][size=7]I have a problem with the game running like a snail. it works but its cut up and laggy. any ideas as to how to make dosbox speed it up to how it should be on a normal w98 comp. we used to have one and it ran fine but now with xp i have to use dosbox and its like im playing the game on a 486. any ideas?