Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #381

Hello, IF your ships jumps back to the start of the starlane, bevor it enters ne new starsystem, then there could be two reasons for this problem. First reason could be, that another race has put a block-item on the one end of the starlane, thats an item with which you can equip your ship. Then the ship jumps back to the start, when it reached the blocked system.
And theres another force which can move your ship back to the start. One race has the skill to send all ships in starlanes in the galaxy to its start.

I hope I didnt fool myself, dunno if you already knew this things.
..and sorry for my bad english, i am from germany

Old 31-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #382
weaverka

any one know were to get a crack for this game? dosbox wont acknowledge the cd rom.

Also if another race put a block on the starlane the block shows up at both ends. And the ships always came out of the starlane when another race forced the ships back through the starlane but not when the engines couldn't push it through the red links.
weaverka is offline                         Send a private message to weaverka
Old 01-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #383
weaverka

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(weavis @ Dec 30 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]272836[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
any one know were to get a crack for this game? dosbox wont acknowledge the cd rom.
[/b]

I got it to work on my laptop with xp but it won't work on my pc. The screen goes back and it freezes, ctrl alt del bring up a box that says the driver failed, I have installed directX 9.0 but still won't work any sugestions?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #384
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

This is my all time favorite game, I'm glad to see there is so much discussion of it here, good to know people are still playing it. I know it can be a pain to get running under XP, my suggestion is to use Dosbox. As for the CD problem, I had that to. I can't recall the fix I did, but I know I did not use a crack and I do not use an ISO or CD to play the game. In other words, I dont mount an ISO or use a CD, so there is a solution to install and run the game without a CD. In fact, I don't remember ever having to put in the CD, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I suggest you search for Ascendancy on The-underdogs.info or Dosgames.com at their tech support forums. That's where I found the solution to my problem with the CD.

Also, I found that the antagonizer AI patch just made the game annoying. Even with a peaceful setting, you will be attacked by every race, so I don't use it. I don't really mind if the enemy is boring, there are ways to handicap yourself to make it more challenging, like waiting 500 years before beginning to colonize, or waiting to research advanced weapons until later in the game to give the AI a head start.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #385
skipjack

You dont need a crack to play the game! I had once an introduction how to play without the cd, but i lost it.
I'll try to explain:
You only need the 3 COB files which are on the cd. When you download the game here, you get them with the game. Then you have to change a file where the information is stored where the ascend.exe can find this COB-files. You have to change this file (I think its the ascend.cfg) and say where the new COB-files are now. They arent anymore on a cd, now they are on your hdd.
DUnno if this can help you. But make sure you have this files in your ascendancy directory: Ascend00.COB, Ascend01.COB, Ascend02.COB . You need them if you havnt got a cd.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #386
weaverka

I don't have an ascend.cfg file but I do have a COB.cfg file. I couldn't download from this site, I spent 26 hours tring. It timed out regularly and finaly at 99% my system crashed and I lost it all.

I copied the cob files off the cd and put them into my ascend folder but it just replaced the existing files. How do I change them to be able to be read with out the cd?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #387
Ydobon

How do you abandon planets?

I colonize small planets just to dig that archeology site for technologies, so i want to dump them after the digging. Someone might say to just leave it, but i use the race Chronos, that transforms planets with the least population to Gaias, and i don't want to spend my special ability on small planets.
I have read all 26 pages and haven't find an answer except that on page 24 someone suggested that abandoning can be done (Guest - post Jul 12 2006, 10:34 PM) and i wonder how.

Thank You!

Old 09-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #388
Ydobon

I can't belive it. As soon as i posted my question i started to play Ascendancy again. In next couple of minutes i stumbled across an icon to abandon planet. I wanted to abandon my ship and noticed icon that was always there:)
For those that don't know it's an icon in bottom right corner in system display. Just select the planet and click on that icon.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #389
Guest_Einer_*

I played this game many years ago and when a friend asked me for one I remembered it, my friend got it and he told me that since that moment he couldnīt stop playing it, I went to his house to play and is as good as I remember, itīs one of my favourites games ever. Enjoy it!
And one question.. there are two patchs? one that makes the game more difficult and one that makes the others species be in war with you? Because I only have one and I stop playing Ascendancy because it was too much easy.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #390
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Einer_* @ Jan 10 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]274124[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I played this game many years ago and when a friend asked me for one I remembered it, my friend got it and he told me that since that moment he couldnīt stop playing it, I went to his house to play and is as good as I remember, itīs one of my favourites games ever. Enjoy it!
And one question.. there are two patchs? one that makes the game more difficult and one that makes the others species be in war with you? Because I only have one and I stop playing Ascendancy because it was too much easy.
[/b]
Try The Patches Scrolls