Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Steam Engenius
Lurker

Default DOSBox 0.73 where should I extract to?

I used to use abandonware about two years ago and recently decided to do so again. I recall being able to extract zipped folders into the CDrive with Winzip but today I can't even find the DOS folder itself. Has something changed between versions? I checked the sites guide to running abandonware and they confirm my original approach as valid.

Thanks in advance.
Steam Engenius is offline                         Send a private message to Steam Engenius
Old 04-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

DOSBox does not - and neveer did - automatically create directories for you to use as a default C mount.
Creating it is entirely up to you, as is naming it. I recall there were some issues with write permissions in Vista and Win7, so the directory should either be placed in your "My documents" directory or on a different partition.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What you need to do with DOSBox is unzip the games as usual, then mount the correct drive in DOSBox using the right directory.