Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 07:08 AM   #101
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

I hate games like postman 2 or (even worse) a game whose name i can't remember where you played a police officer and shot legions of punks and skinheads with blood effects and bullet impacts locations on bodies (like you could cut an arm or a leg and watch the guy whimper in pain). I love some violence in games but not pointless violence. When does violence becomes pointless will the wise ones point out. Well, i guess that's personnal, but shooting at helpless civilians and mobster kids seems pointless and dangerous to me. :angel:

And i totally agree with moogle about myst like games, i don't hate them but i always felt people who got their kicks with those were kind of weird in a rain man autistic way.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #102
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like them because its like walking through an interactive art gallery, and the story in Myst III was quite touching... in a way.
And I'm no Rainman, tuesday is p-pancake day, n-no no pancakes, gotta-gotta have p-pancakes!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:54 AM   #103
Sameeralord
Game freak

I simply dislike motor racer,(not a bad game though)
So hard to drive
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 02-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #104
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Jul 2 2005, 09:17 AM
And I'm no Rainman, tuesday is p-pancake day, n-no no pancakes, gotta-gotta have p-pancakes!
Sorry dude. No harm intended. I bet you're an excellent driver though !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 16-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #105
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

This is my dislike list (which might be edited in the future as I come up with more...)
  • Diablo + clones *click click click click click click ... click click click click click click ...*
  • Basically any MMORPG *gotta level up, gotta level up, gotta level up, gotta level up, ....*
  • Doom + clones (frag, frag, frag, frag, frag, frag, frag ... frag, frag, frag, frag ...)
  • Warcraft + most RTS *"tank" rush...*
  • Most sports game *even more boring than watching*
I guess I just like games with a good story. There are exceptions to the list. StarCraft is one (because of the story).
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 16-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #106
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MdaG@Jul 16 2005, 05:11 PM
I guess I just like games with a good story. There are exceptions to the list. StarCraft is one (because of the story).
:blink: But (if i remember correct...) even Warcraft series have nice stories... i liked too much read the manual of Warcraft 2: it's like a fantasy book...
Old 16-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #107
Shifter
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Shifter

Quote:
Originally posted by Microprose Veteran@Apr 28 2005, 04:22 PM
I dislike almost anything done by Sierra.

After playing Monkey Island and Indiana Jones, Larry III was such a let down! Clumsy interface, stupid humor. I felt ripped off (not unlike the tourists at Nontoonyte Island).

The only good really series I know from Sierra is the Gabriel Knight series.

I bought SWAT (Police Quest 5) but the fourth and last mission just SUCKS. Type in the exact command or you die... x 100.
Hehe. I only agree that everything after KQ6 sucked from Sierra..dispite a few good games.

Anyways..as for hate...hrm..offhand I can't think of any. I guess one I could think of that I bought was a AD&D game..uh..Mountain of Undertide (or some crap) and that game was horrible. MM9 also comes to mind..just because of the huge letdown in the crash of that great series.
Old 16-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #108
Xikarita
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by MdaG@Jul 16 2005, 05:11 PM
This is my dislike list (which might be edited in the future as I come up with more...)
  • Diablo + clones *click click click click click click ... click click click click click click ...*
  • Basically any MMORPG *gotta level up, gotta level up, gotta level up, gotta level up, ....*
  • Doom + clones (frag, frag, frag, frag, frag, frag, frag ... frag, frag, frag, frag ...)
  • Warcraft + most RTS *"tank" rush...*
  • Most sports game *even more boring than watching*
My long lost brother LOL
Old 20-07-2005, 06:27 AM   #109
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintopotere@Jul 16 2005, 09:08 PM
i liked too much read the manual of Warcraft 2: it's like a fantasy book...
i'll drink to that
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 20-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #110
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintopotere+Jul 16 2005, 07:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Quintopotere @ Jul 16 2005, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MdaG@Jul 16 2005, 05:11 PM
:blink: But (if i remember correct...) even Warcraft series have nice stories... i liked too much read the manual of Warcraft 2: it's like a fantasy book... [/b][/quote]
Yeah maybe, but I've seen better and the game is far too repetitive to catch my interest.

*edit*

The third Warcraft game had an ok story, not like the one in starcraft, but it was ok.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Closed Thread