Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Gaming4JC
Abandonia nerd

Talking Gaming4JC - TextTris

TextTris is a fun game with the short description "Form words with Tetris style falling letters. Ages 5 - 8" inscribed in plain text on this old 1992 floppy diskette. It also has the tags "Language Arts" and "EN-276" on either side of it's label. Even stranger is a small text proclaiming "Home Learning Software" is the company, although the game clearly makes mention that it is in fact "Acumen Software" which has only 1 employee.

Despite the short description this game is actually a rather fun and puzzling game by the self-proclaimed developer Adrian B. Danieli. The objective is to make words by falling letters which appear as blocks. You can create words vertically or horizontally, and you will loose if the blocks you put do not match and reach the top of the screen. (e.g. identical to tetris game over)

The game has a rather nice dictionary of words and can form complex as well as simple ones.

The game is labeled as "Shareware" but I should think that a game as old as this is currently abandoned. I thought it might make a nice addition to Abandonia as a Puzzle game.

And if anyone wants the official floppy, contact me and I can sell it to you lol.

Screenshots:

Acumen Software Logo from the included DOS Catalog.

Presentation Screen

Title Screen

Game Setup

Saying No to Registration

"GUNS" was found!

"SIZE" was found!

I made it to the high-score list!

My name on the highscore list!

Thanks for Playing

Download Link: <<<<url removed after uploading it on FTP, your folder (TotalAnarchy)>>>>
Gaming4JC is offline                         Send a private message to Gaming4JC
Old 30-07-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
lamparita
Forum hobbit

Looks fantastic. Thank you so much
lamparita is offline                         Send a private message to lamparita
Old 30-07-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Ok, I'll put your stuff (archive and screens) in your FTP folder and then I'll remove the link. Want to write a review?

Either way, it will take some time till it gets uploaded on our site, but writing a review will speed up the process. Thank you for your contributions. And yes, from now on if you want to contribute something else (that review for example), just say it and I'll give you direct FTP access where you can upload your stuff.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i thought this is the review, it's pretty brief and to the point
Quote:
TextTris is a fun game with the short description "Form words with Tetris style falling letters. Ages 5 - 8" inscribed in plain text on this old 1992 floppy diskette. It also has the tags "Language Arts" and "EN-276" on either side of it's label. Even stranger is a small text proclaiming "Home Learning Software" is the company, although the game clearly makes mention that it is in fact "Acumen Software" which has only 1 employee.

Despite the short description this game is actually a rather fun and puzzling game by the self-proclaimed developer Adrian B. Danieli. The objective is to make words by falling letters which appear as blocks. You can create words vertically or horizontally, and you will loose if the blocks you put do not match and reach the top of the screen. (e.g. identical to tetris game over)

The game has a rather nice dictionary of words and can form complex as well as simple ones.

The game is labeled as "Shareware" but I should think that a game as old as this is currently abandoned. I thought it might make a nice addition to Abandonia as a Puzzle game.
Old 30-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Gaming4JC
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs up Sure.. :)

Sure if you want I could write a more in-depth review, although the game is summed up rather nicely in the first post.

I don't recall Abandonia using FTP access in the past but I guess I never really paid attention and/or never needed it...

Anyways, just PM me some info on what you would like to have done and I can do it. I run several websites myself so I'm pretty good with FTP servers.
My personal favorite client to save me from downloading everytime I go back from Ubuntu to Windows is Net2FTP.com's online one lol...
Gaming4JC is offline                         Send a private message to Gaming4JC