Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
taikara
Abandonia Homie

The woman claiming to have found a finger in her Wendy's chili has been arrested.

The whole thing was determined to be a hoax, although officials are still unable to determine where the finger came from.

Anyway, this sort of thing really makes me angry :tai:

First of all, it's bad enough to sue. Litigiousness affects an economy ridiculously, causing inflation for goods and services.

Second of all, it's even worse that it was a hoax. MAKING UP something to sue about it just evil, as not only is it selfish, but it also affects the economy, and therefore everyone else, without actually addressing a real problem.

Grrrrr. :tai:

But, I'm glad she got caught, and arrested. I knew something wasn't right about that story.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 22-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Good to see that she was caught for doing this incident, shameful stuff, heard about that she's pulled similiar stunts like this before trying to sue places for things they apparently did wrong, like one in Las Vegas, well I hope justice gets served to her for what she tried.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 22-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #3
omg
Games Master

so shes pulled this stunt before,, wheres she getting all the fingers from??? graverobbing? or does she work in a morge or hospital? maybe she got it from ebay in the days when u could buy pretty much anything...
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 23-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@Apr 22 2005, 11:23 PM
<...> heard about that she's pulled similiar stunts like this before trying to sue places for things they apparently did wrong<...>
As evil as it maybe, the fact that she pulled that stuff indirectly points, that even if the Las Vegas joint (and others) didn't put human meat in their foods ( ), they still did something fishy with it...
and it's not just a problem of the fake sueing, it's the whole psycholgy! I'we heard (this might be an urban legend, but it shows the general idea) about a case where some kids broke into a house, got injured from that, and sued the owner, so he had to pay them something like 100k$ and they got off with some minor punishment.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 23-04-2005, 12:47 AM   #5
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Apr 23 2005, 12:21 AM
some kids broke into a house, got injured from that, and sued the owner, so he had to pay them something like 100k$ and they got off with some minor punishment.
makes me so glad i live in england. but slowly its heading into a litigation nightmare here too.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 23-04-2005, 12:59 AM   #6
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

How dare someone accuse my restaurant of providing finger food. And a misplaced finger of all things? Interesting question someone raised of where this 'finger' actually came from. heh Life is strange, isn't it?

Congrats on the new smilie, Taikara! I like it! I think I'll be using it quite a bit. :tai:
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 23-04-2005, 04:30 AM   #7
Evad
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Apr 22 2005, 05:31 PM
so shes pulled this stunt before,, wheres she getting all the fingers from??? graverobbing? or does she work in a morge or hospital? maybe she got it from ebay in the days when u could buy pretty much anything...
Defacing a dead body is a punishable offence I do believe. You'd think she would have known they'd do a back ground check on her. The fact that she went back to the frivolous lawsuit table for seconds just goes to show how completely stupid she, and most criminals are. Disgusting on top of that.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 23-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

So this woman obtained a human finger and used it to sure Wendys eh?

The scariest thing is that someone is missing a finger because of all this :eeeeeh:
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 23-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #9
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by irrelevantjet@Apr 23 2005, 10:57 AM
So this woman obtained a human finger and used it to sure Wendys eh?

The scariest thing is that someone is missing a finger because of all this :eeeeeh:
Actually we don't know whether that someone is still in a position to miss that finger...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-04-2005, 11:07 AM   #10
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

if the finger is indeed off a dead person, it would have to be a recently deceased person....

makes you wonder if the woman planned this ahead and waited for someone to die... and have access to their body....

JUST TO SUE WENDYS!!!

thats certainly alot of effort....
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet