Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Are you people-oriented, or task-oriented?
People-oriented. 7 19.44%
Task-oriented. 5 13.89%
Kinda both at the same time. 5 13.89%
Definitely both, but can't at the same time. 3 8.33%
You can't label me so easily. 11 30.56%
What the heck are you talking about? 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
taikara
Abandonia Homie

So, this is a question based on a method of personality testing that asks you a bunch of silly questions, then tells you whether you're task-oriented or people-oriented. I'm doing it backwards, because I think it's more interesting how people see themselves.

This method is typically used to determine what kind of job you'd be good at, and many workplaces will use it to decide whether or not you're right for the job.

I'm one of those (fortunately) rare people who's apparently both highly task-oriented and people-oriented, but can't do both at the same time.

Just ask anyone who tries to talk to me on MSN while I'm working on something, hehe. Or someone who's trying to get me to work on something while I'm talking on MSN

Of course, many people think this kind of personality testing is bad, and used as a method of stereotyping individuals.

What do you think?
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 10-04-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I think it's usefull. We have a saying here in Slovenia: Others know you better then you know your self. The saying works on two levels - others presume to know more about you then there really is to know; -or you live in a state of self denial, so everybody knows the truth about your self except for you.

But I think that there are many people that completely fall out of any chategory (I know I'm one). The problem is those tests presume people are stereotypical to begin with and just look for certain groups of people and their characteristics. Then if others show same characteristics they should belong to that group.
Many tests for me just turned out wrong. I'm not really ambitious - and for some reason that always made me look like a person unsecure in his knowladge, or a depresed person. I'm neither. I'm just lazy - but know I'll be able to get the job done in the end, so I don't waste my energy in vain - but wait for my oportunity to present itself - they I use the least possible amount of energy to tag along with that oportunity and everything turns out fine.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I hope you don't mind me saying this, Sebatianos, but I think you're the typical absent-minded professor.

I'm neither people nor task orientated but tend to live in my own little world. :whistle:
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #4
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I don't mind and you might be right - but none of the tests have prooven it yet

There is a 2-5% population, that falls in no chategory at all.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #5
FreeFreddy

I'm rather people-oriented, whenever I do something and someone writes a message on MSN, I always answer first before continue with what I was doing before...

Old 10-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Neither fits me.... :blink:
The Sebastianos description is close but....
I am probably just LAZY :angel:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 10-04-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
TaloN
Hero Gamer

i wana be a doctor so i guess its both
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I dunno - I think it changes depending on the situation, and that's probably a good thing.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 10-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #9
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah I think for me it can go both ways sometimes, it also depends on the way I'm feeling sometimes.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 10-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #10
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm more people-oriented, but in a way or the other I always manage to complete the tasks. If there's something due within the next day, I wouldn't mind staying awake the whole night to finish the work.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid