Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #21
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

I encounter a problem. Right after making a promise not to meet the mermaid again to the jealous Sorcerer in the temple, the game crashes with an error message: "Error: invalid item (32767/98)".

Anybody else encounter this problem? I am playing it with DOSBox. I have tried with VDMS, and the problem persists.

Alternatively can anyone send me a saved game prior to or at that point? Thanks in advance.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 25-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #22
rabadi

Sorry to bump this thread up. Help, anybody?

If nothing else, I guess I'll re-download the archive here, and download the one in HOTU later on. Hopefully one way or the other it will work and I can continue playing it. I would still appreciate if anyone has any suggestion on how to solve this problem or to send a save game at that point to me.

I'm using Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz, 256 RAM Memory, ATI Radeon 16MB, WinXP Home Edition. I have played various abandonware games I downloaded either from here or from HOTU, with or without DOSBox and VDMS, and this is no problem so far, except for this game and that King's Quest 5 (before Tom Henrik swapped the archive with the new talkie version).
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 AM   #23
rabadi

I finally finished this game last night. Pheewww.... :Brain:

Since I did not get any responses for the problem I mentioned above, I decided to replay the game from the beginning. When I reached that point (finishing the sorcerer's tower maze), the game crashed again. Same error message "Error: invalid item (32767/98)". Well, I then decided to redownload the archive from Abandonia, and replayed it again for the 3rd time. Unfortunately, the game yet again crashed at the same spot. Same error message, same place.

I then tried to download the game from another source. First I tried with HOTU, but that day the connection was so very slow, I lost my patience and cancelled the download. So I searched the net and looked for another place to download the game. I managed to find one and downloaded it. The version is 1.1 and this time the game worked without any problems (which is strange, since the version in Abandonia is also 1.1, but somehow the Abandonia version did not work for me). I managed to pass that crashing spot without any error message. I took my time exploring the game and must have spent some 20 hours before finally finishing it last night.

My impression is that this is a lite RPG, which is good for me since I am relatively new with RPG. The story is somewhat nice. The game control can be improved, but once I get accustomed it plays okay. The graphic is not bad for the year. I turned off the sound so I can't really comment on that aspect.

Overall, I'd like to recommend this game for those new to RPG (like myself) k:
Old 09-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #24
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

hmm.... ok i started to replay this game but the problem is i got to where you are on the island of the hermit and now im stuck in the library maze and i can't find how to get out! plz :help:

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 13-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #25
aaron

ok i have a big question. I've not had any trouble with the game up to the point of the island that contains the nameless master's treasure. I m spekaing of the island that the cyclops gave coordinates too. When i enter the circle of columns with the chest, the light bolts start firing. No matter what angle i approach the chest, it dispears and im always left to die. Am I doing somehing wrong or did i do events out of order, though this game doesnt strike me as that type. i tried the faq and still no change. thanks a lot

Old 13-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #26
aaron

ok i posted the past request on help wiht the lightening bolts and i just figured it out. i found another fa

Old 13-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #27
aaron

ok i posted the past request on help wiht the lightening bolts and i just figured it out. i found another faq and learned that i just have to be patient.

http://www.thecomputershow.com/computersho...walk.htm#palace

Old 13-03-2005, 11:56 PM   #28
rabadi

If you play the game with DOSBox, be sure to reduce the cycles to slow down the game at that point. Otherwise, a slow down utility like Turbo can do wonders.
Old 19-03-2005, 02:58 AM   #29
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

HA cool!!!!

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 01-04-2005, 06:10 AM   #30
Jimmy Boy
Top game. One of the best adventures. It should be rated a 4. Good fun, great story. Enjoy!