Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
Lonewolf1044

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolf1044

Quote:
Originally posted by Taskmaster@Oct 31 2005, 03:19 PM
No offense taken. I don't take offense were none was given.

I do not have a manual, nor was there any story intro to the game. I was simply working with what I had. I "reviewed" and submitted about 10 games in one weekend, so I did not finish any of the games this go around. Theses are all games from my past that I've played before, and honestly, I don't always want to play all the way through again.

Anyway, I was more interested in contibuting some old games to people who are like minded. One one hand I could care less about reviewing them, but on the other hand there is a certain sense of fun in writing the reviews.

I will endeavor to do a better job in the future.
You are doing the best you can and you can't please everybody.
Old 31-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #12
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonewolf1044@Oct 31 2005, 08:22 PM
:evil: D++n the game is old and we know that. Of course if you are playing a game that was produced today and go back to a game that was made years ago there is going to be a difference.
Well, yes, but I think Timpsi's point was that it wasn't exactly top of the range even back then...

Edit: and please try not to double-post. If you want to quote multiple posts, you can always use the quote tags. As in
Code:
[QUOTE=random poster][/QUOTE]
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 31-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
Hippie

Ah, I've wanted to play this since I read a review of this game back in -93. The reviewer didn't give any score to the game, he just uttered how it was biggest pile of crap he ever saw.

But now, how do I get out from the beach? Is there a specific spot I need to cut down whit the machete? Or do I need to fire some thing up? Do I need to do something in the plane besides cutting off the compass?

Old 01-11-2005, 04:18 AM   #14
Cealdyn

Heh i remember that local gaming magazine gave this game something like 30p/100p score or so Only good thing was mentioned that packing is recycled material.
Well, never played myself, just remeber that review LOL

Old 01-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #15
Shinobi

This game remind me of that movie Day of the dead.
Shinobi is offline                         Send a private message to Shinobi
Old 01-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #16
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Hippie@Nov 1 2005, 07:24 AM
Ah, I've wanted to play this since I read a review of this game back in -93. The reviewer didn't give any score to the game, he just uttered how it was biggest pile of crap he ever saw.

But now, how do I get out from the beach? Is there a specific spot I need to cut down whit the machete? Or do I need to fire some thing up? Do I need to do something in the plane besides cutting off the compass?
In the plane you should find the knife, compass, wire cutters, book and a flare gun.

I found that you should follow the beach all the way along pickup up everything as you go, then near the end chop/move through the trees. But then I quickly died there so I think I should run this under dos box.
________
Homemade vaporizer

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:09 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 01-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #17
Taskmaster
Super Freak

Quote:
Yes, there is a specific spot (two actually). Look at the tree tile and you will seem a "blurry" spot, near the plane, and one at the far end of the beach (around the corner). Use the machette on them.

At the plane you need to get the book from the dead guy, the compass with wire cutters and the machette.

The coat is on the beach, along with shotgun shells and coconuts.

:Titan:
Old 01-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #18
BIGDANO

How do you install? I unzipped a bunch of files, double-clicked the "SETUP.BAT" file, looks like it does something....but then nothing. Do you have to start it from a DOS command?

Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #19
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by BIGDANO@Nov 1 2005, 09:50 PM
How do you install? I unzipped a bunch of files, double-clicked the "SETUP.BAT" file, looks like it does something....but then nothing. Do you have to start it from a DOS command?
Quite likely, you won't have to install it at all. You're running it in DOSBox, right?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 02-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #20

walk along the beach until u reach the other side of the plane(use the machete) then u find a shotgun
it makes a bit easier...