Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #11
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Yes.
(In Norway)

I bought it in Germany, where I could actually use it. But I think it looks great, so I do not mind it collecting dust as a piece of decor.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #12
FreeFreddy

Hmm, now I have a nice heavy scottish 2-handed sword and a fantasy-looking sharp, but decorative dagger-big-knife mix. I don't need any license for that both though, in Germany at least, as the are both decorative (though I sharpened and strenghtened them both hehe :wink: , just to have like-original blades, which makes them for me little more worth)...

Old 06-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #13
Kiddiarni

Yo..

Michael Moore OWNZ da house

George Bush Sux..

Thats all i have to say..

P.S.

Did u know that "He Bugs Gore" is a perfect anagram for "George Bush"

Old 06-06-2004, 07:11 PM   #14
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Yo..

Michael Moore OWNZ da house

George Bush Sux..

Thats all i have to say..

P.S.
Did u know that \"He Bugs Gore\" is a perfect anagram for \"George Bush\"
It never ceases to amaze me how people are able to simplify complex political situations into a few short sentances written in internet lingo
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 06-06-2004, 09:04 PM   #15
LotharGR
Super Freak

I believe i have been mistaken a bit. I don't have a problem with people having guns for sport or for hunting. But - having guns for your own "protection" is completely wrong. Having more guns for this reason only produces more violence and thereby more guns etc etc... its the circle of violence and if it gets out of control it will be very very dangerous ( in US it is uncontrolled already ). Also - yes there are NO 100% fail-safe tests for proving the mental stability of a person. Today that you take the test you're OK, tommorow for the whatever reason you may not be. No psychologist can ensure that you will be for ever OK, not even for the one year between the tests, as you say.
Lastly - Do you believe that it is impossible to become a war zone? Look at US. Do you thing that americans are more vicious people or they are uncivilized? Europe is no better. It could easily become as america is ( already we have a lot of their customs )
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 07-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #16
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

you may not like to hear this.
But while Europe regards itself as still 'Civilized' (compared to the US) people were a LOT more friendly in the US.
The US is no 'warzone', either you have been deeply misinformed (thank you Michael Moore) or you have focused on the worst areas in the US (like Hells Kitchen in new York)

With the way the police is working In belgium the gun has become part of my protection.
last time my house was burgled, even with alarm, it took the police 2 hours to get here!
Now thats just absurd!

I DO have a problem with people using guns to go hunting... unless they actually eat the animal the shot, hunting just for the fun of it is savage.

The last accident with a licenced gun in Belgium was when a man shot a girl's leg in a freak accident.

So up till now the tests have proven to be effective (as i said the test has to be retaken every few months)
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 08-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #17
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

The bottom line(my critical opinion as usual):
This discussion has nothing in common with abandonware.
Picture this:
A person has a gun... next his neighbour wants one... next his neighbour's neighbour wants one, and so on.You say that only mentally sane persons may have guns, but what if that person has a depression and goes on a killing spree?

The best solution would be to ban guns altogheter for civilians.Only police departements should have guns.In my opinion even sport guns should be banned.This precautious approach could save many lives.These lives are above anything else.
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 08-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #18
FreeFreddy

And you do think police is all-good-people and never make use of their guns for one or two bad things? Look, there's no possible way to ban gun-possession as forbidden things are always desired things, so some criminally thinking people will kill policemen, get their guns and spread all the weapon possession again. Or any company will start to sell weapons to everyone on black market again and in end turn anybody who wants them gets them too.
So I think the only true way to remove the need of guns, if not all weapons altogether is to destroy all weapons in the entire world and in case that happens it would take at least 100 years to the world being that far to undestand the need of this.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #19
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

All i know is that it's a hell of alot better to get stabbed then get shot..

In Sweden we have an 18-yr age limit on buying an air/co2-rifle and knives..
Guns are only obtained after you get a hunting-licence or a sport-shooting licence with the tests done accoringly.. alltogether, expect about 1-1? yr before you can get a gun, and this setup seems to be working here.
It also has to do alot about ppls mentality and respect towards others... shure i've had moments where i'd like to place a bullet in someones head, but then again...

You can kill someone if you want to, but it requires more effort.
A gun pack the same power, nomatter who is holding it; a 11 yr old girl with a magnum or a 32 yr old harden bank-robber just let out of jail for the 2:nd time...

Restricting the number of guns reduce the opportuneties when they could be used in a harmfull way.
We still have shops beeing robbed here, but the MAJORITY is where they use knives or orher none-projectile weapons, or even soft airguns.

To Omuletzu:
This is designed to be a part of the forum for everything you want to talk about, and is only stoped when someone steps over the line.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:28 AM   #20
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

If we are allowed to talk about anything here?
How can we step over the line?
:?

Is this some kind of new quiz?