Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
chuckeroo777

Default win 3.1 CD recognization error

I recently tried getting Bill Nye: Stop the Rock working, but it fails to recognize that the CD is inserted.

I successfully mounted the ISO, installed the latest Quicktime for windows 3, and installed the game, but when I run it, a message pops up saying "Please insert your Stop the Rock CD and try again."

The ISO is mounted to D: and ran installation just fine.
Here is the code I use to mount and run:
Quote:
MOUNT C ..\C
IMGMOUNT d ..\THEROCK.iso -t cdrom
C:
CD WINDOWS
WIN
I'm also having the same issue with Magic School Bus explores the solar system, though the other MSB games work fine.
chuckeroo777 is offline                         Send a private message to chuckeroo777
Old 12-02-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Maybe the CD has some sort of copy protection and the image isn't 100% accurate?

I've seen some games that check the CD label and won't run if the label is wrong. Might be the first thing to try:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?...art=20#p118149

You'll have to find out what the correct label is for this to work. And of course it's possible that the CD label is not the problem and this won't help at all.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
chuckeroo777

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
Maybe the CD has some sort of copy protection and the image isn't 100% accurate?

I've seen some games that check the CD label and won't run if the label is wrong. Might be the first thing to try:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?...art=20#p118149

You'll have to find out what the correct label is for this to work. And of course it's possible that the CD label is not the problem and this won't help at all.
The label may be the issue. When open the d:\ in file manager, the window is simply titled "D:\ *.* - CD-ROM", Nowhere does it display the CD's name, "THEROCK". Could this be the issue?
Also, the link you gave had no instructions on how to use the provided file.
chuckeroo777 is offline                         Send a private message to chuckeroo777
Old 13-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

The text "D:\ *.* - CD-ROM" at the top of the file manager is normal, select "Disk" -> "Label Disk" to view the label.
Usage instructions are clearly told on the page I linked and also shown when you run the program abstract.com from DOSBox cmd (the .asm file is the source code and it also has the instructions).

You might also want to try a recent SVN build of DOSBox. There might have been some fixes to imgmount since version 0.74 which is quite old already.