Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #21
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibikir0984 View Post
I can't believe that they put Duke Nukem Forever on that list.
Haha, yeah, me neither. I mean, come on. It's gonna be released ''when it's done,'' to quote the guys who makes it. Which they've said numerous times over a long period of time, too.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #22
CrybKeeper
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulac View Post
http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2009/

So now that my hardware is up to date I can again follow recent games, and on the above link there's a pretty good list of games that are announced for 2009. What are your expectations? Will 2009 be better for PC gaming than 2008 was?
Yes, it should get extremely fast paced from the developers and producers of PC games. Especially those who are members of the PC Gaming Alliance.

Please read the following article. I wrote this for a local newspaper, late last year.

Is PC Gaming A Dead Platform?
Posted 9/30/2008 10:25 PM EDT on lancastereaglegazette.com
Thinking of trading in your computer for an XBox360? Think again, because you may want to hold on to that PC. Those who say PC gaming is dying off, should really take a second look. In fact, it's totally the opposite and the gaming market is dominated by PC gamers.

Up until late 2007, the hard data on PC game sales was extremely lacking. Most experts were positive that PC game sales were shrinking, but no one could tell for sure, because the NPD - A marketing analysis group that tracks all video game sales - had never attempted to track the on-line portion of PC game sales. Nor had any other marketing research group.
In late 2007, Intel and AMD decided to team up... to save PC gaming and hopefully find a better way to track the actual sales of PC games. Early this year, the two chip giants joined forces, along with Microsoft and Dell to create the "PC Gaming Alliance"

Now that the PCGA is keeping tabs on actual sales, the truth has finally come out and the hard data is showing that PC gaming is on the rise. PC game sales are larger than any one console's game sales, holding over 30% of the total gaming market as of 9/18/08.

According to PCGA President Randy Stude, "The PCGA analysis clearly shows incredible growth in online PC gaming, proof that the industry is far stronger than anyone has reported," Stude also said, "Today’s consumers shop where they live - online..."

Sources: NPD Group, PC Gamers Alliance.org, Intel

I would say, we can include and give alot of credit, to games such as, Ultima Online or Halo3 Multi-play, etc.

Last edited by CrybKeeper; 05-04-2009 at 04:11 PM.
CrybKeeper is offline                         Send a private message to CrybKeeper