Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #141
Luka666

Hello,
I have been a JA addict for many years. I have just had a quick look at this topic and saw your debate about merc`s. There is one thing you forgot to mention (or maybe i just missed it). The relationships between some merc`s are important. Like you cant have both Sparky and Larry, Larry and Gary or Hurl and Fidel in the same team. And when you talk that deaths dont affect high level merc`s. Check what happens when you have Mike and Scully (or Magic and Sidney) in the team and one of them gets fired or killed.... Get one of those online FAQ`s if you need all the information....

Luka

Old 27-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #142
Delibator
Forum hobbit

Hi, there.

I havent read all the topics related to jagged alliance, but i think nobody had my problem yet.

Do you people know the wall probe? In my pc, the text apears so fast that is difficult to read when it apears "silence". I want to know if this happens to you? When one does hear something else other then silence does the text of the message stand still until i click? (like when someone hears something normally.

Does anyone knows what im talking about?

Thanks for the assistence.
Delibator is offline                         Send a private message to Delibator
Old 27-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #143
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sounds like you need a slowdown utility.
That, or to decrease your cyclecount (if you are using DosBox).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #144
Delibator
Forum hobbit

Even with DosBox at minimum cycles, it happens the same shitty sittuation, that is "silence" apears very fast. Perhaps is it normal?
Delibator is offline                         Send a private message to Delibator
Old 02-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #145
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What do you mean by "minimum cycles"? That definition is different for everyone.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #146
Delibator
Forum hobbit

Below 1000 cycles, 800, 700, that way the game start to crawl. The message "silence" becomes more readable , yes, but the game crawls to almost a stop...

I could slower everytime i used the "wall probe" and increase when i´ve used, but sometimes i must use it every turn and..... man... what a drag... :vomit:
Old 24-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #147
thrasha88

Hello,

I am trying to play the old Jagged Alliance game under DosBox. It starts out great - the little movie clip and the sound and music work great. The problem is that once the intro is over, the graphics are scrunched into one little line and all messed up. I tried turning off the Direct x acceleration (it works in fixing the same problem with XCOM I and II but it doesnt solve this problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

thrasha88
thrasha88 is offline                         Send a private message to thrasha88
Old 24-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #148
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That's at least weird. I played it in DosBox and encountered no such problem.

Are you using the most recent DosBox version (0.65)?

-- Reed Richards
Old 24-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #149
thrasha88

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Oct 24 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]263324[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That's at least weird. I played it in DosBox and encountered no such problem.

Are you using the most recent DosBox version (0.65)?
[/b]
Thanks for the reply. It seems that the upgrading the version from 1.00 to 1.12 did the trick - weird! It works now but is just slow in DosBox.

thrasha88
thrasha88 is offline                         Send a private message to thrasha88
Old 25-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #150
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Change core to Dynamic (warning - may cause instability), increase the cycles, increase frameskip.

-- Reed Richards