Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #81
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I just died though, got blood poisoning in my foot and didn't know how to fix it, I started injecting random stuff to no avail. Maybe I should read the manual tongue.gif[/b]
Yep, read the manual.

Oh, and Robinson's Requiem is even more difficult in the survival aspect...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #82
Question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bubla @ Aug 6 2005, 05:31 PM) [snapback]139805[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It is absolutely necessary that you provide some sort of manual. I remember that there are tons of medicaments later in the game :-) And I was also suffering from malaria and I died when I ran out of chinin and antibiotics... Because I din't know how to treat the disease properly. But it is a very complex game (birds can destroy your eye, food - especially meat may spoil and you can amputate your arm or leg as well :-) What's more, you can fight with knives in "melee mode", but there are also modern weapons.. It's a nice game, worth of a remake !
[/b]
AAAAAAAAAGGGG!!!!!
birds pecked my eyes out, so i had to start a new game :wallbash:

Old 26-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #83
Delibator
Forum hobbit

Okay. Here is the question that i must make.

Where can i find the FULL VERSION not the RIPPED VERSION of DEUS in english? Not in french, in ENGLISH.
I dont mind buying it with my bloody money.
Just someone tell me WHERE? I will even offer a tip(cash) for the person that delivers this to me.
Delibator is offline                         Send a private message to Delibator
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #84

Hey is anybody having the same problem as i? I downloaded the game and started it with dosbox but for some reason the game is going extremely slow ( something that should be inpossible for this game with my PC specs) and i kept raising the CPU cycles to get it faster but it arrived to 200000 but to no avail. what do i do? this game sounds really awesome and i want to play it.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #85
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try using the Dynamic core mode.
Also, the cycles have an upper limit (which is different for every machine). Trying to go over it will result in massive slowdowns.

How fast is your CPU?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #86

Dynamic core mode? Is it that little "shock" button on the HUD? But the character controls are horrible like that. And how do i figure out the limit?

My CPU speed is 2 GHz or something like that when i last checked.

Old 19-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #87
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

*chuckle*
No, the Dynamic core mode does not have anything to do with in-game controls.
Read this. Dynamic core mode means changing core setting in dosbox.conf to dynamic.

You can only figure the limit by trial and error as it is different for every computer and game.
Increase the cycles until you get a smooth gameplay. If you set them too high, the game will begin slowing down rather then sppeding up.

-- Reed Richards
Old 19-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #88

Yay it worked! Had to up the cycles a little bit, but it worked, thanks a lot.

Old 20-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #89
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hey, the best thanks is that you can play it!

-- Reed Richards
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #90
kain_taka

Unsure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I've managed to get the game running in Windows XP SP2, at full speed, with full graphics and sound.

First, I had to replace the Ddraw.dll file with a more recent version. The version the game comes with is from 1995, with a file size of 111 kb. The one I replaced it with was from 2004, and had a file size of 260 kb.

The error message - the exact error escapes me at the moment - had an issue with Direct Draw. That is how I managed to start the game in windows. (Use _start.exe, not start.exe) To get sound working, you have to edit your autoexec.bat file. Typically found in your root directory. If it's not there, make it. Simply add the "SET BLASTER" command, with your proper IRQ and DMA settings.

(Ex: SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H5 T6)

There, now reboot, and you should be able to run the game in windows! Now, I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 22 2006, 03:08 AM) [snapback]224832[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi,

does anyone know how to do amputations? I guess I'll need to use a knife on a limb, but the interface somehow doesn't seem to have that possibility.
[/b]
You have to have the laser tool in your medkit... excuse me, pharmacy.
kain_taka is offline                         Send a private message to kain_taka