Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-11-2005, 06:16 AM   #61

Copy and pasted - thank you Joshua. Too bad I'm addicted to Darklands right now, but I'll definately get back to Bloodnet.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #62
joshua

okay, so i ended up beating the game.

to the person who isn't able to switch armors - if you were switching armors between every battle, you should still be able to. no reason why it's not working. i still couldn't figure out what armor would defeat van helsing's daughter - but i lucked out - partially cus i replayed the whole game - but this time w/ pumped fighting abilities.

this is truly a great game - the dialog is very well written - fun, if yr a fan of the cyberpunk genre - neuromancer, bladerunner - the game makers obviously read/watched those works many times. living in nyc, it's also kind of fun to play a game that follows the new york landscape pretty closely.

i was really excited to play this game after years away from it (i think i may have been 15 or so when the game came out - and i had just discovered william gibson) and so i have some pretty good memories for this one. it really does set up a great atmosphere - and i'll say it over and over again - but the dialog and plot are fun.

my only complaints are thus - and considering how old this game is, it's not bad - like many people say - the controls are a little off - and combat system is a pain in the behind - very easy, but it just takes a while - if you want to do it right - you have to change what each character is doing each round - very slow and dull. also - the puzzles are pretty difficult - if it weren't for that walkthrough - certain things you can figure out - but things like leaving items next to people or in certain places - that one was rough.
i also wish that when you were generating characters that it actually kind of made a difference. basically, anything other then being a good fighter is a waste - the talents you don't have you can find through the members in yr party. when i was a kid, i thought i would be this bad behind rogue net cowboy, like a gibson character. but nope, you gotta play the street samurai if yr going to make it through this.

that, and i can honestly say the ending is a pretty big let down considering the amount of time that the writers spent on the game itself - like i said before, the dialog is great, the plot is a really fun cyber-noir-goth thriller - they didn't cut any corners there...so why on the ending? it was really a let down. and what little they do give you kind of implies that they were going to make a second one. of course.

but everything else is great - amazing atmosphere - great graphics (for the time period - way more character then anything today, imho) - and oddly enough, even though the sound work is minimal - the same 4 songs or so kind of repeat over and over again - i actually really enjoyed it. don't know why - perhaps it just brought back good memories of trying to play this game when i was a kid.

anyways. if the creators are out there, lurking somewhere. my hat's off to you.

-joshua...

Old 20-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #63

Hi Joshua...did u figure out where to get the "NOUN" well from? For some reason the walkthrogh doesnt explain it.

Old 29-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #64

you get the well's adress by solving benny puzzle's riddle

Old 01-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #65
Menasor

benny's puzzle never made sense...!
Menasor is offline                         Send a private message to Menasor
Old 25-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #66
Mysterious Stranger

I own the game and I wouldn't mind scaning the manual if someone from Abandonia wants to upload it (around 40 pages).

Old 28-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #67
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That would be most welcome.
Register an account and PM Kosta on the subject. He will give you a password to our Incoming server (that is where the files are uploaded from the contributors).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #68
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

anyways. if the creators are out there, lurking somewhere. my hat's off to you.

Last I heard, the pair had gone to work for Microprose back in its heyday, and then joined another game company. No word since. Nice folks, too.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #69
aynish

hello. just got back to the game, and love to play it (again, now maybe solving it, after about six years)
and I really am not in need of a walkthrough.
but! I would like to ask this question:

do I need to solve the benny puzzle's, well, puzzle? I mean I understand there is at least another way, from a quick look on the walkthrough - which I did to make sure it was not a copyprotection thing...
but I really hate to work that one out, since I am not a native english speaker, a couple of those things just don't ring a bell... so the question really is: is there a chance to sort of go around it, and still not cheat... to get the address somewhere? or not?

sorry for the long verbal overflow, but I was not sure I knew what I wanted to know :brain:
thanks for anyone who can clear this thing out and help me relax and get on with the game

Old 08-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #70
Delibator
Forum hobbit

Question

hi guys!

I just want to say this.

The game is very good in general, but there is a major flaw.
The combat really SUCKS.

Anyway another problem is the lack of a manual, i can´t find it anywhere on the net.
I think the manual would explain many things in the game like the attack power of the weapons.
A shame really. There is a guide out there called the COMPLETE BLOODNET´S GUIDE, at some time it tell us to consult the manual. Daaaaaaaaa . Now that´s a complete guide.

If someone of you possess the manual, send me a mail to [DEET! DEET! DEET!]@yahoo.com i will be interested...
Delibator is offline                         Send a private message to Delibator