Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So what is step two?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

You talk too much. Do you actually read what others have said? By the way: we're international community here, we'll understand if your English isn't perfect (I admit mine isn't), but we somehow need to understand your point (I can't).

Translation:
YOU: "some people would say it is impossible to give a game a good look with only two colors"
WE: monochrome is quite cool, some games looked good
YOU: "Sounds like two of you don't wanna have a new game in abandonia"
WE: what do you mean? if you want to host it, it could go to Reloaded
YOU: blah blah blah
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
gamemaker

oh, you wanna it more clear and very short? no problem.

thanks boys.
i force you to nothing, so please don't waste my time.
Wonder anyway, why did you come here (thread).

bye
gamemaker is offline                         Send a private message to gamemaker
Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quit picking at each other please.

We are interested in what you're making, but you're holding your cards close to your chest. So, what's your next step in making this game?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
gamemaker

@lulu
i did wrote a profile, but somehow it wasn't shown in the forum. had no time to do it again and can only do it later. have still some bugs with the forum, horseman was fixing it the first time.

will not write futher till a admin checked my account again.
thanks
gamemaker is offline                         Send a private message to gamemaker
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

If it helps, I think this project sounds interesting! I have always liked games that try out the whole monochrome/indie type thing.
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ok no worries Gamemaker, let me know if there is anything I can help you with
Old 13-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
gamemaker

Post chapter one - tools

Well... tools:

I'm going to use an application creator (neobook) for ebooks, presentations and stuff. No guys.... no script language in a ordinary way. It is a trial version, too. So I will work with even less. It has pages and some nice effects, can show pictures and video files and plays audios.

But there is a ability to use commands, doing things manual and to change a little bit the possibilities. Sounds maybe weird, but I'm sure it will be fun to push the botton harder. Have been warned that it isn't possible to get a real game out of it. Well, someone was able to create a chess. Check it out if you want to. It's stopping your turn as long as you would win and you are not changing your mind. Very picky game, deleted it after the third round. The link... the link.... ah:

Chesster
http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/m...?cid=1&start=0

I can't say anything to the other creations.

Falco gif animator, audacity, paint and pencil will hopefully do what 'neo trail' isn't able to do. I'm sure, it isn't handing over any gifts. So, the real challenge is that the game does what I want. Next time I will tell you more.

Keep sticking around folks.
Old 16-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #19
gamemaker

Post chapter one - general concept

Time, place, atmosphere and everything else should be in harmony with the 'colors'. Black can be a representative for shadow, night, bad, tragedy etc. and white is obviously the opposite. It can only become a good game if every element works with the others. I think you know what I mean.

But one can emphasize one of the two parts stronger. I will go for black.

The story will have some interesting twists and some surprises, too. It is based on real life, the topic will be timeless, but I will move the plot a bit back in time (or it seems to be like this). I can think of multiple endings, maybe.

Well, even the characters will not stay what they seemed to be at the beginning. I have a almost clear picture of 4 in my head. They will get their outer appearance soon. But before they go into action, I have to clarify a few small details.

game
layout, size, disign..... more important language

Well, which one shell it be?
If I take more than one, it means I have to do things twice or.....

Have no name yet, still playing around.

If I have one or two first drafts of something, I will post them.
Will be happy to get any opinions.

Last edited by gamemaker; 16-09-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: forgot it
Old 19-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #20
gamemaker

Post chapter two – let's make an adventure game

So, what happened the last days!?

controls

The mouse will do the most, because it is a click'n point adventure. I like using symbol-bottons to start the actions of the characters. Will do my own disgning, don't wanna see that 'lucas' or somebody else comes along and stops me by finishing it. Don't wanna see it die.

graphic

To support the atmosphere, the game will be played in full-screen-modus. The window will be something like 900x550 px and different graphic elements have been tested how they look like. I must say, it is a nice size and works perfect on (my) mini-laptop. I don't want to make it bigger even I could have it able to fit every screen automatically.... BECAUSE it could get distorted. To small takes the chance to have nice graphics (means details). So I will not change much about it.

I'm using points, lines, patterns, shading, color surfaces and basic shapes to put the scenes together. Futher I'm going to use optical illusions and perspective theory for 3D-effects and that all only with a white and a black pixel.

appearance

The outer appearance of places and characters are influenced by the 1920's. Is a great inspiration for fashion and architecture, on the top London and Paris.

storyboard

I know which way it shall go, so I'm writing it down the next days. Before I will animate my characters and tiny things.

characters

Will introduce my 5 special people soon, the 'search' is already finished. Well yes, they are five now.. without the secondary characters. Want to have a first look? Here is the overview of my inspiration.

main view.jpg