Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-05-2007, 01:28 AM   #41
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elusive @ May 18 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]290755[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
(it might be a computer/emulation problem). [/b]
Yes, you are right. To avoid the problem you need to slow down CPU with an appropriate utility (like Mo'slo) or slow down CPU Cycles with CTRL+F11 if you use DOSBox .
Personally with my PC, that isn't exactly a "monster" (as you can see on my signature), i have had little problems, just pressed 2 time CTRL+F11. I have noticed that the mouse slowed down a bit but nothing special. if your system is much more better than mine, you need to experiment to found the best solution and eventually change even the mouse pointer setting, because it's possible that at the ideal speed when intercepting martian intruder will correspond a bad speed of the mouse pointer in the other part of the game. :tai:

Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 23-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #42
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The "Sensitivity" value in DosBox.conf can be increased, thus making the mouse cursor more responsive. It worked for me in X-Com Apocalypse.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #43
Guest_Elusive_*

Thanks for your help, I have learned how to use dosbox and gonna try slowing it down next time I play it, thanks again, the help was appreciated

Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #44

Someone did a retro remake of Millenium within the past year for the PC. I don't have a link, but it definitely was much nicer looking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 9 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]247556[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
One of the BEST games ever made, deutros was far far better though... yet it never got released on the pc :\
[/b]

Old 24-11-2008, 04:10 AM   #45
Rogerwilco
Forum hobbit

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone out there is currently playing, or thinking of playing this game . . ..

BTW, you don't need DosBox for this one...
Rogerwilco is offline                         Send a private message to Rogerwilco
Old 24-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #46
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerwilco View Post
BTW, you don't need DosBox for this one...
Depends of your PC/OS.
You may try to run it directly in XP64 or Vista, or Linux, whatever that doesn't like dosgames, good luck.
And even if some can run dosgames directly, if you have an onboard soundchip ...... nope.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 24-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #47
Rogerwilco
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Depends of your PC/OS.
You may try to run it directly in XP64 or Vista, or Linux, whatever that doesn't like dosgames, good luck.
And even if some can run dosgames directly, if you have an onboard soundchip ...... nope.
Ah, dosraider........ Good Morning, BTW...

you obviously haven't played the game.......

The sounds on the pc version are so lame, better without 'em...

The Atari's wasn't bad though.....

But I shoulda stated Wondoze XP Vista, have no idea.....
Rogerwilco is offline                         Send a private message to Rogerwilco
Old 15-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #48
peace01

Default Beat this game yesterday

fairly anti-climatic win scene. First it says game over with game date and rating then moves to a static picture of sios in faded blue with brown wheat in the foreground. Rating was just below 75%. Still lost to the mars armada but i took over half of it out.
peace01 is offline                         Send a private message to peace01
Old 11-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #49
Kippesoep
Forum hobbit

Hehe. I just noticed the name of the game is misspelled "Millenium" (with 1 n) on the title screen and correctly spelled "Millennium" (with 2 n's) on the box.
Kippesoep is offline                         Send a private message to Kippesoep
Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #50
Dweomer

http://glitch01.wordpress.com/2006/0...ake-completed/

here is the remake for Millennium, for anyone wanting to try it again in new 'clothes'