Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Default fork scientology

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Quote:
The SS Longcat is the flagship of the Sea Arrrgh fleet on the high seas. Her mission is to deliver massive IRL b&hammers on the Church of Scientology and safely ferry epic win and lulz back to home port.
Old 14-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Thunderclap

Looks like a good cause. Any organization that helps put an end to brain washing cults is fine by me.
Thunderclap is offline                         Send a private message to Thunderclap
Old 14-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Oh? They are finaly closing down christianity?

To me any religion is equaly distorted.. scientology just came later and had to be a bit more extream to attract members then christianity, islam and whatnot.

Either you belive religion to be a neurological disorder or you accept them all, no matter what.
Old 14-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

no it's not about it, what differs scientology from other religions is that scientology make them pay for it.

they pay in order to stay in the church. and also, scientology kills. there are many stories from ex scientologists which speak about various tricks and verbal techinques in order to convince and hypnotize you into believing in scientology

scientology tries to take over the world, they use their lobbists to push into government

they have trained a camp of soldiers that were trained in hard conditions since kids, but what am i telling you? just read info on the website
Old 14-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 14-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
Tulac
Union Leader

lame

ALSO (and this is only talking about Christianity):

"they pay in order to stay in the church. and also, scientology kills." --> Here you need to get your house blessed etc otherwise the priest will not provide any services, also I'm sure they had their fair share of murders in history. Not to forget they get their fair share of tax money.

"there are many stories from ex scientologists which speak about various tricks and verbal techinques in order to convince and hypnotize you into believing in scientology" --> luckily Roman emperor took care of that 4th century AD for Christianity, also pretty much every kid who has a religious parent is brainwashed by their parents to believe in God and be a part of the Church

"scientology tries to take over the world, they use their lobbists to push into government" --> yeah in Croatia the Church pushed for a ban of working sunday and a new "family" law that won't allow single mothers to have children by artificial impregnation. I believe many countries in the world have a lot of laws that were influenced by religion.

"they have trained a camp of soldiers that were trained in hard conditions since kids" --> Christian camps exist too, and I don't even want to think of Muslim camps

Last edited by Tulac; 14-06-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 14-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulac View Post
"there are many stories from ex scientologists which speak about various tricks and verbal techinques in order to convince and hypnotize you into believing in scientology"-->luckily Roman emperor took care of that 4th century AD for Christianity, also pretty much every kid who has a religious parent is brainwashed by their parents to believe in God and be a part of the Church
but this is happening now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulac View Post
"they have trained a camp of soldiers that were trained in hard conditions since kids" --> Christian camps exist too, and I don't even want to think of Muslim camps
but christian camps are not military camps, and children are allowed to leave

so you're basically saying, fuck that, let brand new cult of people who build themselves an army to procrastinate and live in danger that our children will be downtrodden. no, you are lame
Old 14-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

First: "Shooting in an atheist is like shooting in a dead piece of wood"

But seriously, Scientology sounds like a corporation. It seems it's one of those new religions which consist in faking religion, faking belief to live a happy life, attain a higher, superior state or whatever. Who needs it in the first place when you can do that yourself?

It seems their main goal is gathering money, not rule the world. And I bet those camps are for their believers to help them in their way to reach a higher level.

I support the antiscientology movement, but I don't get the whole pirate-y theme.
Old 15-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #9
virumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
and also, scientology kills. there are many stories from ex scientologists which speak about various tricks and verbal techinques in order to convince and hypnotize you into believing in scientology
And since a lot of scientologists are from the upper echelons of society (judges, bankers, etc), bad things can happen to those ex-scientologists... their reputations destroyed, constant stalking & harassing, etc.
virumor is offline                         Send a private message to virumor