Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #21
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You forgot Universe also had the nasty habit of crashing - very - often.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #22
red_avatar
Administrator

Hah yeah and on top of that, pressing escape dumps you to DOS without a warning. Well that's nice, considering I was trying to save the game and didn't know how.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 16-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #23
MrDeadly
Game freak

I played this game A LOT during my childhood and had great fun with it. This was before I'd played the many better adventuregames so for me this was pure gold. Today I see it's weaknesses but I still enjoy it for what it is: cartoonish, quirky and a holder of many memories. I think I played it at the right age, it's weaknesses weren't really a problem and what did come through was easier to live with. This was a time when getting a hold of a game meant long bicycle-rides, collecting empty bottles for money, or smugling unused 3.5" out of dad's office and lots of "please, please, please let me have a copy of your game buddy!" Getting games could be quite a job so when you actually got a new one you were excited and mostly ignored it's flaws. Times sure changed with the internet.. for better or worse.
Old 18-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #24
red_avatar
Administrator

Curse of Enchantia is a game that is a torture to play . I remember knowing exactly what I wanted to do but the game took so long to let me do it, that I thought that my solution was wrong. The interface is just a mess and really badly programmed.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 11-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
Lucasarts
Default Pathetic Review

I just have to comment on the idiocy of the person who wrote the review. Obviously he/she has NEVER heard of, let alone played a point-and-click adventure before and couldn't even define the genre! This is a classic game in the mould of such other great point-and-click adventures as the Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max (albeit notes well known as these titles)... I could go on. Next time, do some research before you come up with such a useless, underdeveloped excuse for a pathetic, reactive attempt at what cannot be called a review.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #26
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

minimally on the screenshots it doesn't look like classic lucas arts adventure. and he also mentions that there are some platformer elements in it. although i haven't played the game

anyways, the person who wrote the review is not active anymore so your rant is as much useless as trying to have a normal dialogue with fan boys like you
Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #27
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis Celt Dragon View Post
I seriously cant figure out how to get past the fish guy? Was i suppose to go through the north door in the castle and get something?
There are some mud pools in the bottom of the ocean. Don't ask me why. Anyway, walk close to them and look at them; in one of them you'll find an worm you can use for the trade. Pick it up.

That's how much I've advanced in the game btw. The puzzles aren't that bad, but the controls manage to absolutely suck any fun the game has. I'm not even sure I understand all the menu icons. I quit.
UnconformistSheep is offline                         Send a private message to UnconformistSheep