Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #371
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, the cult of Sirius is a religion by itself. So they go around trying to "spread the word".

The problem is, they have a right to beleive in whatever they wish. However, nothing tell you that they may be trying to work for the Alien cause even when they are not taken over by the Aliens.

That's usually my first faction taken over by the Aliens tough, so I often end up attacking them on sight afterward. And if I don't raid them and give them enough time when they are taken, they always end up attacking one of my bases.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #372

I don't think they ever attack your bases if you don't let the aliens infiltrate them regardless of how many times you've raided the crap out of them.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #373
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Any faction which is at war with you will eventually raid one of your base if you give them the time. Raiding them remove them the ressources to do so, so they don't attack you.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #374
Guest_Hollyhockala

Quote:
Originally posted by Hollyhockala@Jan 27 2006, 11:01 PM
Hi all - I'm downloading a demo from Gamespot to try and get music files. Anyone want to clue me in to where I should put them when I'm ready? Sound or rawsound, or somewhere else? Thanks.
Hi - still curious where I should put the music files from the X-Com Apoc demo to wed it to the version from Abandonia. I figure someone here took them out so they know where they should go back...

Thanks,
Holly

Old 13-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Feb 10 2006, 10:43 PM
Any faction which is at war with you will eventually raid one of your base if you give them the time. Raiding them remove them the ressources to do so, so they don't attack you.
Yeah, but usually by the fifth week, I'm making enough cash from missions and selling bio transports that I can totally leave them alone. I've left them alone for several weeks at this point and never been attacked. The only time I've actually been raided by the cultists was when they'd been infiltrated by aliens. I think the gangs and corporate orgs are just a lot more aggressive than the cultists are.

Old 13-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #376
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Quote:
Originally posted by Pherdnut@Feb 7 2006, 12:18 AM
Then it's bombers which don't drop troops off. They have the multimissile which never does seem to split up and hit multiple targets but I'm guessing does a smidge more damage. If they show up by themselves it typically means they're just there to do damage to the city.
The multimissile will split up if you attack with several vehicles.

Lost 4 hoverbikes to one of them (overall, killed 2 pairs with 2 missiles)

@Holly

I don't think anyone knows where to put them, however if you download the Apoc Demo and see what file the sounds are stored then plom em in there.

Failing that stick em in the Sound Folder mabye.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 14-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #377
Gurglurk

For the manual and a strategy guide (no idea if it's any good), try here:

http://www.xcomufo.com/x3dl.html

Old 14-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #378
omg farting is soo refreshing, i

wow, i think im gonna try this game. i could never get iunto the first x-com back when i had a 486 because my brother's friend let me borrow it without a manual and i was like wtf dude

Old 16-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #379
Acolyte

Good luck. :bye:
Read the Manual or the rookie guide (preferably both).

Old 21-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #380
Beryllium

A tip. You can always raid friendlies for loot and you won't loose any faction, and they won't shoot back, only as long as you stun them and not kill.

So equip a team with grapplers only and go get that gear. The friendly 'enemy' will run up to you and fall unconscious. Collect their gear then... all you can carry, If they come around your guys will stun them again, and gain experience from it.

Eventually abort the mission, and you keep whatever you are carrying.

The only problem is that stun grapples are hard to come by at the start of the game, but you can fix that by raiding their supplier. You can also pick up the occasional armor from Marsec, and their mini-launchers.

Be careful not to arm yourself with the stuff you pick up or you'll likely kill someone.