Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #2091
Przemcio

Hey Boys i accidently came over this site and downladed UFO 1 but it craches sometimes during the mission i just don't know why some times when i begin to move some times during the UFO turn :ranting: :ranting: is there anything i can do about it??? any way i some time ago i lunched TfTD using VDMS and it crashes on terror missions why is that :ranting: :ranting: can some one help me :evil:

Old 20-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #2092
blue123
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by *Happy*+Jan 19 2006, 10:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*Happy* @ Jan 19 2006, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blue123@Jan 19 2006, 04:33 PM
Just a quick note guys...

How long does research into heavy plasma take? I've got a hundred scientists on it for a month already and it's still on poor.
Wierd, 100 scientists should be enough for the whole game. When I had 100 scientists on Heavy Plasma it was average, and no research item was poor. :blink:

It does take some time to research, but definately not more than a month! Are you sure you allocated all the scientists from the moment you started research on it? Also, check if you have enough lab space (i.e. 2 labs). [/b][/quote]
I assigned all scientists on it, and I have 2 labs. I REALLY need the plasma cannon, you see... (Too many supply ships about)
blue123 is offline                         Send a private message to blue123
Old 20-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #2093
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

The labs are at the same bases right??

They probably are but thats still a possible reason, labs/workshops at seperate bases do not provide cumulative effects only when at the same base.

100 scientists should finish it fairly quickly, dunno what the problem could be.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 21-01-2006, 03:09 AM   #2094
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

100 scientist?
Wow-thats a crapload of supply ships to support them!
Old 21-01-2006, 03:24 AM   #2095
Cockroach
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Supermot@Jan 18 2006, 02:14 AM
Has anyone here managed to win the game on "superhuman"? The best I could win it on was the middle difficulty.
It's the only way to play
Cockroach is offline                         Send a private message to Cockroach
Old 21-01-2006, 03:31 AM   #2096
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
it craches sometimes during the mission
Sectoids inflitred your computer too, save/lod its the only human weapon to fight back.

Quote:
I REALLY need the plasma cannon
Plasma cannon take a litlle more than heavy plasma that takes a little more than plasma rifle. Anyway, it isn´t better than the Avalanche missile

Some spoiler down...

Avalanche:
100 damage
100% accuracy
20 sec to reload
60 km range

Plasma Beam or Plasma cannon:
140 dam
140% acc
6 s reload
52 km range

Fusion balls got 65 km range but depleat your stores, they are very powerfull but too expensive in elirium, buil some super fighthers(they eat less elirium) and uses plasma beam cuz 6 avalanche dont shot down a supply ship or battle ship. Other probelm its that the interceptors aren´t fast enough to catch battleships or supply ships, best used against supply ships its super fighthers with plasma beam and also against battleship but a battleship could blow your craft too.

About fight against MC, avoid combat with ethereals and with sectoids change the 4 solds group by independig 2 solds minigroups with distant support. Only a few sectoids can MC so if one group its affected pull it out of conflict zone.
Old 21-01-2006, 05:04 AM   #2097
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Cockroach+Jan 21 2006, 03:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cockroach @ Jan 21 2006, 03:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Supermot@Jan 18 2006, 02:14 AM
Has anyone here managed to win the game on "superhuman"? The best I could win it on was the middle difficulty.
It's the only way to play [/b][/quote]
If I did not play at superhuman, I would never reload.

Things I will never do again:

Attack downed terror ships. Fourteen laser pistols versus 8 cyberdisks and other assorted sectoids is not fun, especially when some of the aliens, including cyberdisks, are not drawn to the screen. Now that I have the full panoplay of plasma weaponry, I may attack grounded floater terror ships.

Attack an etherial scoutship to get the etherial autopsy and etherial interrogation report for the ufopedia.

Odd observation: Too much money causes ellyrium troubles, as only the battleship can defend against interceptors loaded with avalanches, and lots of money means having enough avalanch missile to bring down everything else. However, very few craft brought down by avalanch missiles have salvageable power sources. In fact, if you bounce a battleship with four interceptors loaded with avalanches, simultaneously, there is little ellerium left on it, either; although, you will lose a couple of interceptors to do it (If you have unlimited funds, you can shoot down everything, but the swarms of battleships that sometimes show up to construct a base).

To dogpile on a UFO, you keep minimising the interception boxes, until all four interceptors show up, and then you open the other three interception boxes and QUICKLY select cautious attack four times. If you are too slow, an interceptor may be blasted away before the fourth interceptor gets the attack order. Avalanch missiles are better for these attacks than plasma beams, as they have longer range. The avalanch missile may do as much damage as the plasma beam, or be as accurate, but the avalanch armed interceptor spends less time in the deadly space where the battleship can fire and the interceptors cannot. Also, avalanch missiles and launchers require no ellyrium.

Another odd observation is that too much money allows enough bases to preempt most, if not all, terror missions. I am nearly to June, but no terror ships have ever reached their destination. I may have to change my cheating style to boosting the level of funding, instead of starting with an obscene lump sum.

Has anyone else seen the television series that may have inspired the game?

It was called UFO, and was produced by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson (who also did Supercar, Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, another supermarionation show that I forget the name of, and Space: 1999 [possibly others, but these are just the ones that I have seen]). It was a live action program with model and special effects that were better than any of their supermarionation series (which, by Captain Scarlet, were quite good). The world was being defended by SHADO, and SHADO had no end of expensive and interesting toys, including flying subs that could leap out of the ocean and combat the UFO's. The SHADO uniforms were designed by the then very famous Rudy Heinrich (better known for his one-piece swimsuit that made a point of not covering the wearer's breasts). The uniforms in Space:1999 were also designed by Rudi Heinrich, yet the women were much more sensibly dressed than their Starfleet counterparts.

Many of the elements of the game have counterparts in the television series. SHADO air forces would bring down a UFO and then an all-terrain crawler would carry a team of commandos into whatever wilderness the UFO crashed in. Recovered aliens would be studied, or infiltration attempts would be thwarted. The aliens in UFO were close enough to human to use human body parts as replacements for their own organs (one of their chief reasons for abducting people). I would go on, but the series does get that much syndication, so I have not seen it in a very long time.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 21-01-2006, 05:11 AM   #2098
Oldblue153

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Jan 21 2006, 03:31 AM

Plasma cannon take a litlle more than heavy plasma that takes a little more than plasma rifle. Anyway, it isn´t better than the Avalanche missile

Some spoiler down...

Avalanche:
100 damage
100% accuracy
20 sec to reload
60 km range

140 dam
140% acc
6 s reload
52 km range

Are you positive that you're right on this?

I'm thinking either your figures are wrong or your UFOPedia has been captured by Sectiods and Modified to throw you off track.

Old 21-01-2006, 07:36 AM   #2099
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Jan 21 2006, 03:31 AM
Avalanche:
100 damage
100% accuracy
20 sec to reload
60 km range

140 dam
140% acc
6 s reload
52 km range
But you can only have 3 avalanche missiles per weapons pod while plasma cannon is unlimited, so an interceptor with two avalanche launchers has 6 missiles, thats a max 600 damage and due to reload speed thats 3 volleys every 20 seconds.

Plasma Cannon while it has a smaller range, it has unlimited ammo and fires every 6 seconds as well as doing 40 more damage and being far more accurate. When you have a plasma cannon the only UFO that out-ranges that is the Alien Battleship, and that has a range of 65km so it can hit avalanche wielding interceptors easily, if you use plasma cannons you have more chance of taking it down quicker, the only drawback is that plasma cannons are time consuming to make and can be expensive to replace while avalanches are cheap and able to buy in bulk.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 21-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #2100
blue123
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp@Jan 20 2006, 07:04 PM
The labs are at the same bases right??

They probably are but thats still a possible reason, labs/workshops at seperate bases do not provide cumulative effects only when at the same base.

100 scientists should finish it fairly quickly, dunno what the problem could be.
Yep, at the same base. Only problem is, I had another base that was working on it, but it was so slow I stopped the research, transferred them to the main base and started again. Is that the problem?

First time I played the game, after I got the plasma cannon, I got rid of all my avalanche and stingrays, due to the fact that the plasma cannon is way better...
blue123 is offline                         Send a private message to blue123