Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #1021
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamotide View Post
Gave this game a try and must say I am not that impressed. But it does seem to be ahead of its time in terms of great presentation and low substance, you know like all the "RPGs" (really action adventures) today.
The graphics are great, interface is good and they have Captain Picard as voice actor! But there is little RPG value here, I'd say its mostly a very linear adventure with some values and items. Plus the fights are extremely boring, magic attack 4, rest, magic attack 4, rest...
Blaatman is right, Michael is a great Magic Char, after 20 fights or so when he got magic 2 he was a one man army.
I am now in the white tower and don't think I'll keep playing, its not much fun.
You have to keep in mind that it was made after Westwood lost (I think?) the AD&D license, and it was just a ramped up Eye of the Beholder like game. And for that I think it succeeded. The CD version was released after the initial disk release, so the original was something to satiate the people after the disappointment that was EoB3. It is more of an adventure, but neither of the early Gold Box games or the EoB games had much of "role play". As for the magic attack 4, rest thing.. meh. Why? This is a prime example of trying to make it boring for yourself. Why not use your party? Melee attacks? Ranged attacks? Anyway, to each his/her own I guess. Though LoL certainly can't hold the candle to Dark Sun: The Shattered Lands that came out around the same time, I do think it is a pretty solid addition to the CRPG legacy.
Old 23-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #1022
jesters.ice
Forum hobbit

It was and still is a great game. Some people just spoil their own fun when comparing it too much with other, more real rpg-ish games.

Re-bought it right after it was released on GOG (bundled with the second game).
Old 25-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #1023
Help34
Exclamation Help, how to remove Lora

When returning from caves i took Lora again. When you go downstairs to chamber where you took her first time there is no Lora, but when you return back she is in your companion again and says "Thanks again".

I was palying with Lora till Paulsen, and game freases when there are 4 players.

Is there way to remove Lora before Paulsen or to play game from start?

Please help.

Old 25-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #1024
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Unfortunately there're only two ways to get rid of the problem. One is trying to hex-edit your savegame and remove Lora's data from your party, which is rather complicated and probably won't entirely work anyway. The other one is load a savegame before you got Lora in your party on your way out from Daracle's caves.
If you don't have any savegame left before this point, I'm afraid the only thing left for you to do is to start a new game, since there's no other way to avoid the crash when Paulson is about to join you.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 25-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #1025
help34
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Unfortunately there're only two ways to get rid of the problem. One is trying to hex-edit your savegame and remove Lora's data from your party, which is rather complicated and probably won't entirely work anyway. The other one is load a savegame before you got Lora in your party on your way out from Daracle's caves.
If you don't have any savegame left before this point, I'm afraid the only thing left for you to do is to start a new game, since there's no other way to avoid the crash when Paulson is about to join you.
Thanks for reply, at first time lora got back again i felt something would be wrong , clearly bug is in the game.

Old 26-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #1026
Scatty
Treasure hunter

It must be a bug indeed, in the floppy version of the game. I never encountered such a bug in the CD version of it (the one with Lore of the Lands, with the voice of Patrick Steward).
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #1027
Quicki

This and its sequel are currently available on gog half price for the weekend

Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #1028
benpfaa
Default Paulson unconscious

After spending several hours fighting monsters to boost my character stats, I was finally (and barely) powerful enough to survive the never-ending onslaught of ogres to find the one carrying the cube. However, Paulson was knocked unconscious, and though I've healed him, he just won't wake up, and I can't figure out why. I'd really like to have his sword and magic with me as I take on the white tower. Anyone have an idea how I can wake him?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #1029
mrvator
Default Fighter rogue mage limits?

Does anyone know, what are the limits of fighter/rogue/mage skills? I think Baccata has limited the fighter skill by 10, because when in the Dungeon after killing all the Knowless, all characters are leveling up. But when Baccata is to get level, the game just stucks.

Old 18-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #1030
StumpedAtTheEnd
Default I'm missing medicine

I played all the way through this game only to not have any medicine left at the end of the game to unlock the final boss. what would be the hex edit to get medicine, or the hex edit to get the silver key? Is there another way besides stating over? I went back through some of the forest levels checking every stump I could find, but nothing.