Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #2371
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Argh I lost my first member nation in X-COM :tai: The UK signed a pact with the aliens! Ive had a base near Moscow with a Hyperwave decoder for many months which seemed to cover all the way too the UK in the past. I dont know what happened I didnt miss any alien inflitration missions that popped up. Must have snuck in from some angle I didnt have covered.

So is their any way to get a member nation back? Or are they gone for the rest of the game?
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 07-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #2372
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
So is their any way to get a member nation back? Or are they gone for the rest of the game?
They are gone for ever. You need to make a good coverage of europe coz this is where there are the most of potential income and countries. Alien mission can be done withot ufos from alien bases so a base that lives a complete year is a lost country.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #2373
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Japofran@May 7 2006, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Well element 115 was created inlabs not too long ago but it has life time measured in seconds.
I didn't know, I googled for a periodic table and it didn't display that element -although it displayed elements with atomic numbers 114 and 116-, it must be outdated. I already knew and told about these superheavy elements' unstability, that's what makes it impossible for them to occur naturally anywhere.

Even if the "Island of Stability" hypothesis should be right, you've said yourself that the 115-protons element is not stable. And the 116-protons one (Uuh) mustn't be either. So if Lazar wished to make believable his claim of having used a stable superheavy element, he should have shot even higher in terms of atomic number. Science discredits him.
It is times like this that I realise that I am closet masochist. As all this talk about superheavy elements makes me want to dig up my nuclear physics textbook and apply the semi-empirical mass formula and some calculus to find the longest lifetime isotope of element 115.

Fortunately, this fit of self-abusive madness will pass before I can find the book, and I have long since forgotten the formula (and I will convenently ignore the possibility of finding the formula online).
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 07-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #2374
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@May 7 2006, 09:39 PM

They are gone for ever. You need to make a good coverage of europe coz this is where there are the most of potential income and countries. Alien mission can be done withot ufos from alien bases so a base that lives a complete year is a lost country.
Ah man I think the UK was a good funding country too :tai:

Thanks for the info about the alien bases though, I didnt know a base that spent a year in a country would make you lose a country thats very well what could have happen because Im not sure exactly what happened.

Every month the UK was pleased with my progress and increasings its funding then all of a sudden Bam one month and it said they withdrew
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 08-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #2375
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

I would choose germany rather than UK - not that the difference is that big, but you will get a more central position in EU, while not being able to detect as much over the atlantic - nice tradeoff I think.....

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 08-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #2376
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Thanks for the info about the alien bases though, I didnt know a base that spent a year in a country would make you lose a country thats very well what could have happen because Im not sure exactly what happened.
It isnt something like one year of alien base = lost of founding nation.
The alien bases generates alien activity(missions) without ufo. So the aliens in the bases can carry on missions and you cant intercept them coz they are not flying in ufos.
The bigest founding nations are US and Japan. But u will found that in europe, you got many medium sized founding nation that are too close so you can got a good coverage of them with only one base. The starting founding can have some difference in each game. But change US from 1.6 M to 1.2, isnt the same that change UK or Germany from 400k to 800k. So first base should be on europe and no alien base can be built there.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #2377
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

My preference has always been:
1) Europe, cover as much of western europe and part of central europe
2) USA
3) Asia, to cover in any case Japan
4) and sometimes 5) try to cover most of the remaining parts of the globe.

Don't alien bases have fixed locations where they can appear? I seem to remember spots where I've found alien bases in several different games.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #2378
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Don't alien bases have fixed locations where they can appear? I seem to remember spots where I've found alien bases in several different games.
You are right, there is a number of fixed locations where the aliens bases can be build.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #2379
outa

Hi,
i got a problem with this game. i have two bases and when i try to transfer things to another base, the game crashes. the transfer itself works but after it's done i click "cancel" in the transfer screen, and the game exits to windows.
anyone has the same problem or knows a solution for that or maybe a different download?
i'm sorry if this was already answered in this thread, i haven't read all the way through yet
outa is offline                         Send a private message to outa
Old 11-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #2380
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I know this issue has come up several times before. A simple attempt to solve it, is to download the other version (Dos vs Windows) and give that a try. Personally I've always found the Dos version to be less prone to errors.