Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #121

To answer the question somebody had, why you can substitute only 2 players and not three: Actually you can substitute three, but back that time it was 2 fieldplayers plus the goalkeeper. The rules were changed later on to three individual players.

Old 16-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #122

Hi guys

I really just love this game, but being a dane I prefer danish players... My uncle had a version where Peter Schmeichel and Brian Laudrup played for Man Utd while Michael Laudrup played for Leeds... However, I can only find the version where Leighton and Sealey are United goalies and the danes are no-where to be found... Does anyone know where I can get a version with these players? Maybe an update for the 1992/1993 season or something like that...

Old 31-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #123
juan

so,,,has anyone found an editor to update the teams? if so...please link us where to find it or email me [BEEEP]@hotmail.com thanks to all..... best game ever

Old 08-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #124
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Protect him, please!

I only know where to get german team updates, sorry.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #125
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Aug 8 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]303561[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Protect him, please![/b]
Old 10-10-2007, 03:00 AM   #126
Claudio

Hi all

I know how to edit rosters for this game. It's really quite easy with a simple HEX editor. However, I have no idea how to change the PICTURES. It would be ridiculous to have, say, Italian teams but with English Premier League symbols and all that.

Does anyone know of a way to open and manage files with extension .VGA? I know it's possible because in the past I've played with Italian, German, and English versions of the game and all had the right team insignia. I just don't know how to do that...

Thanks in advance!

Claudio

Old 15-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #127

Hi folks!

I love this game, played it in the early 90's, just one question I can't remember, the "struggle" indikator in the top right corner what exactly does it do? I belive you play tougher and get more cards when it's on red but I'm not sure

Old 15-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #128
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 15 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]316252[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi folks!

I love this game, played it in the early 90's, just one question I can't remember, the "struggle" indikator in the top right corner what exactly does it do? I belive you play tougher and get more cards when it's on red but I'm not sure
[/b]
You are write but the conditions of the players during the game will be better. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #129
Bimberbube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
Hi all

I know how to edit rosters for this game. It's really quite easy with a simple HEX editor. However, I have no idea how to change the PICTURES. It would be ridiculous to have, say, Italian teams but with English Premier League symbols and all that.

Does anyone know of a way to open and manage files with extension .VGA? I know it's possible because in the past I've played with Italian, German, and English versions of the game and all had the right team insignia. I just don't know how to do that...

Thanks in advance!

Claudio
Hi Claudio,

I've started a project on sourceforge with the aim to reverse engineer Bundesliga Manager Professional/The Manager. It's not that far in progress, but you can find information on the VGA format there. You can download two programs as well, one for converting VGA to BMP format and one for the other way round. It's best you have a look at the project wiki; there's not that much there, but I hope it helps. If you're interested, feel free to contribute:

http://freebmp.sourceforge.net/

Kind regards,

Roland

Old 17-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #130
ThemePark

This is a true classic, and one of my all time favourite games. I've actually wanted to find this game for years, but have never been able to remember the name of it, only the exact look of it which of course doesn't help much.

Strange that this never gained that much popularity according to the review, because it's on par with Championship Manager, and it's the SWOS of football manager games in my eyes.
ThemePark is offline                         Send a private message to ThemePark