Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #11
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
I checked my Win10 Pro - not confirmed. Granted, I have 1903, but I didn't found "blocked" services with the first glance. Time service at least can be manipulated as usual.
Might be something on my end, although I'm positive I've not played around with any of services, some of them just became entirely greyed out after some update or another, long time ago, meaning any button to Start, Stop, set to Manual or Automatic dropdown, all greyed out and not clickable.
I searched Google thoroughly about that issue as well, but couldn't find any obvious solution anywhere, while actually it seemed many people had those issues as well.

Didn't have anything of such problems on my previous (burned out) laptop with Windows 8.0, and I had that one for about 3 years. Only thing I can do for now is push that issue to the Microsoft and Windows 10 end.
So dunno what's the deal with that /shrug.
I'm on 1903 as well btw., it's just that the issue started when I was still on 1803.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 28-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #12
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Another thing, for some reason, looks like Windows 10 has 02 Hidden Partitions. Thus, at the time of Operating System Image Restore, you would need to restore the 03 Partitions (being 02 Hidden Partitions) correctly.
Not confirmed.

Win 10 happily live without any hidden partitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Didn't have anything of such problems on my previous (burned out) laptop with Windows 8.0, and I had that one for about 3 years. Only thing I can do for now is push that issue to the Microsoft and Windows 10 end.
So dunno what's the deal with that /shrug.
I'm on 1903 as well btw., it's just that the issue started when I was still on 1803.
I can guess only some right management problem. But it's too complicated issue with Win8/10, so I have no easy solution for you. Except obvious one: try to check disk integrity with chkdsk, then base system image with Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and at last, the individual files with sfc. (All that done from command line with Administrator privileges). Sorry, I am not proficient enough to give you direct registry links.
Attached Images
File Type: png Clipboard-3.png (15.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 14-02-2020, 07:42 AM   #13
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I do not know if it is pertinent information...

One good and bad thing about Windows 10 would be when restoring an Operating System Image using Acronis True Image, as it would be a more complex process than on Windows 7.

I have no experience using Acronis True Image with Windows 10. I only know what I was told by someone experienced on the topic.

However, I have experience using Acronis True Image with Windows 7 and apparently, the Operating System Image Restore process is much simpler.

Some people say it would be important that when formatting the Hard Disk to Install Windows 7, there are 02 Partitions, one of which would be Hidden Partition.

I assume this Important Hidden Partition would be needed to store essential files and data primarily for Windows 7 Ultimate or Business (and Professional), that allow you to Restore an Operating System Image.

It would be something similar with Apple, which backup by storing the Tablet / Smartphone iOS Operating System Image in the cloud (iCloud).

On Windows 7, you can “cheat” using Acronis Disk Director to eliminate this Windows 7 Hidden Partition before installing Windows 7. I have never had problems doing this since I have always used Third Party Program like Acronis True Image. *shrug*

And on branded PCs like Dell, Compaq have a Hidden Partition that also allows the User to do Original Factory Restore, Image Restore on a Date, etc.

However, it seems that this “cheat” using Acronis Disk Director to eliminate this Windows 10 Hidden Partition is not possible anymore. Because Windows 10 does not allow this “cheat”. Thus, any and all Hidden Partitions must be kept on Windows 10. *shrug*

Another thing, for some reason, looks like Windows 10 has 02 Hidden Partitions. Thus, at the time of Operating System Image Restore, you would need to restore the 03 Partitions (being 02 Hidden Partitions) correctly.

I would need to analyze, or rather identify, the 03 Partitions, and then Restore the Operating System Image. Thus, on Windows 10, the process is a bit more hard or complex than on Windows 7. *shrug*

Sorry, sorry, OFF.

Please, may some German speaking mate, translate the word Drakensang?
Danke, thanks, spacibo. I think Draken= Dragon, sang=song but i am going wrong direction..
.. In fact Drakensang The Dark eye is real Masterpiece.
I am 2 minutes before fatal battle..
130 passed games already.
Old 14-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #14
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Sorry, sorry, OFF.

Danke, thanks, spacibo. I think Draken= Dragon, sang=song but i am going wrong direction..
I am 2 minutes before fatal battle..
130 passed games already.
Finish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Draken.jpg (38.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 14-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #15
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Not very commonly known fact: first Dark Eye games trilogy was made in Germany in 1992. But as Das Schwarze Auge was not very known in the all other world, it was re-branded outside of Germany as "Realms of Arkania", if you ever heard this name.
Old 16-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #16
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Drakensang is not a real German word or combination, as such, but you're correct, sang is a part-variation of Gesang, translated as song, and Draken is a specifically game-oriented variation of the word Drache - dragon. Basically, it's the name of the end-game area in the game, mountain Drakensang, and a name for that place in the German Dark Eye universe.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:06 PM   #17
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Ja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Drakensang is not a real German word or combination, as such, but you're correct, sang is a part-variation of Gesang, translated as song, and Draken is a specifically game-oriented variation of the word Drache - dragon. Basically, it's the name of the end-game area in the game, mountain Drakensang, and a name for that place in the German Dark Eye universe.

Thanks, dear Scatty!

Hast Sie dieses Spiel gespielt?
Old 03-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #18
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Clouds of Xeen is the best

How are you good AB people?

In those times of plague.

I would ask those of you who have played the games Might and Magic 10 and Risen 2 which one to start first.

I am 5 minutes before the finish of wonderful MM8 game of the Cunningham series.

I did MM5, 6, 7, 8-now, 9.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #19
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:

Thanks, dear Scatty!

Hast Sie dieses Spiel gespielt?
Quote:
How are you good AB people?

In those times of plague.

I would ask those of you who have played the games Might and Magic 10 and Risen 2 which one to start first.

I am 5 minutes before the finish of wonderful MM8 game of the Cunningham series.

I did MM5, 6, 7, 8-now, 9.

Yes, I've played both Drakensang and Drakensang 2: The River of Time with all their addons (GoG ♥), although I stopped playing the second game somewhere around the endgame, to be honest it just became kinda bit boring.
They're both moderately good games, although the replay value is rather low - the variety of things happening in both games is close to non-existant, different character class choices being the main difference to have fun with re-starting for a bit. The games just aren't as big as some other games, and they're very linear, not open-world but constricted area location based, and their colorful-cheerful, bit comic-like graphic presentation and music score wasn't exactly my cup of tea.
Besides the story in both games resembled only barely the serious & gloom world of Black Eye as it originally is, and couldn't really get a grip of suspension on me. Realms of Arkania games were the ones which kept that world feeling true to the original back then, but Drakensang had barely of that feeling.

Doing not bad, Germany had it easier with the m-m-m my Corona than many other places in the world, so it could be worse.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:53 PM   #20
Capo
Unconventional member

Hello, Risen 2 is shorter than M&MX

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo