Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
xlividevilx

Red face Help finding an old 3d (sim?) type game

Not sure if it's even real or if it's something I dreamed up but I remember seeing an old DOS game, would've had to have been late 80s/early 90s (89-92ish).

I remember it being 3D, third person view behind the character. You could walk around a neighborhood, go into buildings, and I vaguely remember being able to fly around. Think the character had a yellow head, blue/red clothing.

Another game I remember being real was this series of 3D sims (it came one of those 101/250 shareware CDs). Like they weren't even games but I think one there was a desert and you could customize a house and then walk around inside it in first person. Think it could've even been used for businesses to show off their ideas and what not. Anyways, the reason I'm bringing it up is that series was real and looked similar to the original game I was talking about. So if the first one isn't real, or no one knows what it is, I'd love to know what this series was called.
xlividevilx is offline                         Send a private message to xlividevilx
Old 13-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Something like Driller?
Old 14-11-2019, 04:08 AM   #3
xlividevilx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Something like Driller?
Close. It's similar to that style and time period. I remember there being a 3rd person view and the map looked like a neighborhood you'd see on earth.
xlividevilx is offline                         Send a private message to xlividevilx
Old 14-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I asked because I need to understand what sort of graphics is it. Primitives (as here), textured models, or maybe sprites. So far I don't know it.

Also, explain, please, what do you mean by "map looked like a neighborhood you'd see on earth."? "Map" like "mini-map", or you mean "level"? "Like neighbourhood" in last case is means details, or colors, or objects, or everything at once?