Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #41
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I knew it, I knew it! It was just an idle and silly question anyway k:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 AM   #42
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

LOL, more than four months ago I said I would get an actual scan of the ginormous manual, with all the images and layouts included.

I guess I'll be able to do that in a bit since I'm getting a new working scanner

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #43
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 3 2006, 05:26 AM) [snapback]233974[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
LOL, more than four months ago I said I would get an actual scan of the ginormous manual, with all the images and layouts included.

I guess I'll be able to do that in a bit since I'm getting a new working scanner
[/b]

All the best of luck!

Peace!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #44

Hi I had problems with XP but yes it does run fine in dosbox so might be worth reading up on how to use it on the dosbox website.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #45

will look forward to a scaned version of the manual esspecially the Map. Cheers

Old 20-07-2006, 05:46 AM   #46
Nobody

ha ha, can't believe I'm not the only one who still plays this game. Barring few small issues that I never quite cleard up think I've just about solved every side quest in the game, so if anyone has any questions and needs a solution just post them and I'll probably be able to answer them. Same applies for two towers if anyone plays that game.

Some Fellowship Unsolved quests that may be of interest are however:
1. Swan Sealed Tomb in the barrow downs (famous one from interplay forum days) - as far as I know noone has been ever able to find the key or word of power that lets you in. Prob nothing in it anyway but its strange that the barrow would be there for no reason.
2. Death of Ned Bushdock in Bree (happens when you return to Bree from Rivendell) Only thing I've found is the librarian blaming the people in Gorthad, but noone in Gorthad owns up when I slaughter them all. Rayf Brogan also is recruitable as a result but he's a fairly useless character and seems to serve no purpose.
3. Word of Power !DURIN, received by Gimli in the forge in Moria, I remember someone on Interplay forums once told me what it did, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. There's some other item or spell that does the same thing anyway.
4. Finally theres a few items like the leaf belt and the light gem that have no obvious use which is a rarity for items found rather than bought, but I doubt there is anything to solve there.

Two Towers Unsolved Quests
1. The black pillar in the passages under Isengard - theres a mention of it in one of Saruman's letters but I can't work out its significance aside from that.
2. Dude in the destroyed Rohirrim village - he seems to have some secret, but apart from the odd lie he tells he doesn't aid in solving any sidequests or anything.

Old 31-07-2006, 09:56 AM   #47

Hi Nob,

1) I had a look in the game script and there really is no way to get in. For one or other of the barrows (perhaps this one, but I forget) there is a string that was supposed to be shown if you have ranger lore. It says something along the lines of "nothing opens this barrow (except perhaps time)". However the string fails to appear due to an error in the script.

2) We'll never know unless someone asks the designer ... Again there is an unused string in the game, where you actually find Ned Bushdock's body somewhere on the Bree map. No idea in what location that string belongs. It implies that Ned was scared to death and someone comments that he was "the sturdiest hobbit in Bree".

3) IIRC, the brown bird in the Lorien caves. Use either !Durin or Durin's Pick (but this is from memory, have to check)

/a.k.a. Gildor on the Interplay forum

Old 31-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #48
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I just discovered that we have it on PS 2...will try it there :brain:
Old 31-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #49

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grand Dad @ Jul 31 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]246076[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just discovered that we have it on PS 2...will try it there :brain:
[/b]
The Interplay titles on PS 2??

Old 01-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #50
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

First of all I don't understand what you mean by Interplay titles? This DVD title reads The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers. By EA Games.
Well that's on the box! Anything else, then I'll have to ask my grandchildren since they play it?