Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-05-2006, 04:41 AM   #431
JB

I wanna run this in pure DOS (yes thís is the DOS version) but after the intro movie it just asks for the CD.. what to do? =/

Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #432
Acolyte

Thats simple some cracked games must see a CD/DVD drive (it can be empty but you have to have one) otherwise its the please give me the CD routine coming (I dont know why it hapens i saw this problem in 1998 when my cd drive went for repairs and my cracked copy cesed to function without the cd).
Most probably you have a CD/DVD drive but your dos cant see it.
I dont remember entirely what to do but i think you had to make a boot disk witch enables the cd to make things run.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #433
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Pretty much so. DOS needs additional drivers for the CD-Rom to work. Like MSCDEX, if I remember the name right.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #434

most likely any win95/win98 boot disk created by windows should be able to load the cd-rom drive. it has been a long time since i've seen mscdex being mentioned. good luck!

Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #435
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Oh, right, and you can use Win98 install CD to boot into DOS with CD-rom support.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #436
AndresArce

The first tactics of the game is to gather a good squadron.

Everyday, all mansions of the Cult of Sirius must be raided.
This gives a lot of experience.

It´s important to elevate the esteem from the organization of the handshake with the aliens, up to the maximum. This allows the recruitment of PSI operatives.

I will keep posting while I advance forward.

Andrew. Anytime.

Old 16-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #437
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That organization is Mutant Alliance, if I recall.

Personally, I don't find mutants too good soldiers.

S.E.L.F. or Sentient Engine Liberation Front on the other hand can supply you with androids. In the first stages of the game, they are incredibly powerful - far better then ordinary humans, in face. Increased strength, vastly improved accuracy and complete immunity from psionics make them quite the soldiers to send in when you have an alien psionic to deal with, too.

-- Reed Richards
Old 17-05-2006, 04:01 AM   #438
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Yep, it is the Mutant Alliance. The Mutants are better at psi and can be trained as humans. My problem with androids is that they dont heal as fast as humans, maybe coz they have to heal 60hp and for a human a hit for 30hp is the death.
Cult of sirius isnt a good training you can have big losses when they are equiped with marsec launcher, the recruit dies and the equipment is lost in the explosion. If you can affroad it, buy extra people and left them in training until they got called to duty. Have a sort of reserve of trained people, it cost but you will got first class replacements.

BTW, the senate has gone in red and cutted my funding. I survive from stolen equipment and production. The funds will come back? What if i get the senate mad at me, noww they cant cut me off?
Old 17-05-2006, 04:35 AM   #439
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The Androids and the Mutants are both very usefull for their own purposes. The Mutants are obviously a top choice if you want any psy users in your team for it takes way too long for a normal human to get decent psy rating with normal training. Even the Mutants are not that strong when they start out. The workaround for this is to train them with psy at the very beginning and equip them with the Marsec body armor (the red flying armor) which will allow them to fly. As they kill Aliens, their stats will jump very fast especially in strenght and stamina. What I usually do is equip them with a Marsec beam weapon (the small pistol one, if I remember well it's yellow but I may be mistaken) in one hand and a psy emiter in the other. The Mutant first try to stun or panic the Aliens in range and then kill them. Obviously, they must be backed up by the rest of your team in the beginning.

For the Androids, what make them important in your team(s) (I usually build teams of 4, 1 Android and 3 human along with a special lone squad of 2 Mutants) is that they can take on a walking bomb at close range without dying, what your normal humans can't do. So, if you see a walking bomb getting close to your squad, pause the game up and send the Androids running toward the blue walking bomb while the rest of the squad retreat. If you are only a little lucky, you'll end up with the humans only slightly injured instead of instantly dead and the Android will still be at around 1/3 health.
Old 17-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #440
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Cult of Sirius is a good training in the beginning. Just send in about four agents with dual wield Stun Grapples and have them skulk at the corners on auto-fire. Lots of EASY cash and gear.

-- Reed Richards