Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@May 12 2006, 07:28 PM
nope! I said "it is not on the box for a reason". You read that part yes? I meant that the game makers would sell less of the game if a huge red tape were on the box saying "WARNING! This game may cause problems in your social life and health!" I'm not agreeing with the parents, all this was their fault in the first place as you said
I'm sorry, perhaps I should have edited out the irrelevant part of your quote to avoid misunderstanding.

Let's try again:

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Playbahnosh)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>All in all, MMO games are dangerous. Literally. To your health, to your bank balace, to your social connections...etc.[/b]

IIRC, that's exactly what the parents are saying - that MMO games are dangerous.

Obviously, the warnings are not on the box because that would kill sales. I thought that was a given.

My point is that it's not the games that are dangerous/harmful, but rather, the individual's bad choices.

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@
Yeh, I chose NOT to play too, but the damage was alreasy done. It took me almost a half year to get back on my feet. And then came the worse, girls. The dating game. They they did almost the same, and here am I partially out of the goo again trying to figure out my next move...
This is a wonderful example of having to live with the consequences of your own actions. Congratulations to you for overcoming.

<!--QuoteBegin-Playbahnosh

I realized something. There is a game that is the most dangerous, but because you don't even realize you are playing: Life. "Life is a sh!tty game, but the graphics are awesome" [/quote]

Life isn't really a game, you know. There's no save, you can't start over, or try again. In fact, I think that confusing life with a game is part of what led the boy in the posted article to his very bad decision.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Quote:
Originally posted by Taikara
Life isn't really a game, you know. There's no save, you can't start over, or try again. In fact, I think that confusing life with a game is part of what led the boy in the posted article to his very bad decision.
Imagine it like this, Tai: you can't save because this is a very old game, you can't try again since the Producer didn't add more than 1 life and you can't start over since a virus infected your 'computer'.

In short, life is a very old game, with lots and lots of bugs and missing features.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #13
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

^see? :P

That's why life is a "sh!tty game" in the first place And you can start over if you believe in reincarnation

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #14
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

The only thing I find funny in all this is that they are sueing for 12500$. It's like a few bucks here and there. :blink: I know yuan is cheap but 100000 = 12500$?
Really cheap... WoW is a dumb cause to die for anyway... :whistle:

Late edit: WoW - Warcraft, same sh!t...
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 12-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #15
punch999
The true Shadow President

It isn't the games fault it is the kids and the parents fault.Never blame a game for being adictive. Blame a kid for following a BS religion and heavily delusional.

Edit: The game isn't WoW it is Warcraft.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 12-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #16
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowXIX+May 12 2006, 01:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShadowXIX @ May 12 2006, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Fruit Pie Jones@May 12 2006, 05:27 PM
Game Distributor Sued Over Boy's Suicide

* I hate to admit it, but this sounds like something that would happen in America, not China.
I dont know people in asia have become pretty hardcore gamers.[/b][/quote]
Sure, I remember the story about the Korean guy. I meant that the lawsuit sounded like something that would happen here. The marathon gaming session would too, but suing the company for your own bad judgment is very American, and as an American, it makes me sick.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #17
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowXIX+May 12 2006, 07:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShadowXIX @ May 12 2006, 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fruit Pie Jones@May 12 2006, 05:27 PM
Game Distributor Sued Over Boy's Suicide

* I hate to admit it, but this sounds like something that would happen in America, not China.
I dont know people in asia have become pretty hardcore gamers.

Like did you hear about the Korean kid that killed over after a fifty-hour StarCraft session in an internet café

Quote:
The man, who had lost his job after skipping work to play videogames, reportedly died of heart failure induced by exhaustion.
Thats pretty hardcore :blink: Im pretty sure thats not even the first time thats happened in Asia. They have these 50 plus hour gamming session and competitions.

30% of the entire South Korean population are registered online games players

http://www.ferrago.com/story/6353 [/b][/quote]
The Asians have always been the most hardcore of the hardcore. It's like a whole nation of jaded gamers, especially Japan.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #18
punch999

And please read the actual article because it isn't about WoW
Old 12-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

CAn't people understand what weed is bad for you?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #20
punch999

Quote:
CAn't people understand what weed is bad for you?
Yes it makes it so you can't write comprehendable sentences?