Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2006, 05:59 AM   #101

The abandoned ship level? There I am, too!
These lobsters are cool to fight because when they don't kill me first, I've gotta freeze them in place to be able to kill them. They can only watch how I slowly tickle them to death while caught in shackles of ice hehehe

And yes, exhaustion lowers strength and agility, that's what one only gets when fighting encumbered.

Old 25-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #102
Gaz

hello, Am I missing something?? Runs perfectly in dosbox? when i use it, or dos - game has problems with dialogues (crashes - i can move pointer but nothing more than that). when i open it in my win98 it crashes after just a few steps. i'm going to look 4 some solutions by myself, but plizzzzzz, maybe some of you, great rpg fans like me, can add something to a topic. if not i'll be forced 2 throw AoD to the garbage, where it's place is not. ok. by the way - most of abandonware games dont work too well with dosbox afterall... do they?? thanx 4 any suggestions good people

Old 25-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #103
crazedloon
Forum hobbit

Underground City - the game gets better. Wicky I've just started using a new combat strategy for tough opponents. Hit-and-run: as long as you've got some room behind you. It works if you hang around only long enough to whack them once, and then back off while they swing futilely at the air.

Gaz, have you tried restarting the computer in MS-DOS mode, and then running a mouse driver before running the program? If it keeps crashing, try relaunching in DOS, with a minimal config.sys, just putting in your blaster settings and DOS running in himem.sys. This trick usually works for me.

I must say this game is really great, and because of the FM sound is better for old computers with Soundblaster/Adlib than new ones. I'm running it on an old laptop with Win95, which has an OPL chipset. Music by The Fatman!! Remember him?
crazedloon is offline                         Send a private message to crazedloon
Old 27-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #104

What does stamina and agility do? I'm guessing agility is your defense? And stamina? Does it increase your chance to hit or what? It isn't your encumbrance because that's strength, so what does stamina and agility do?

For the guy that was having trouble with crashes, I have Win98 too and I stopped my lock-ups by disabling all my start-up programs through msconfig and rebooting before I play the game. Give that a try.

I am in the undersea maze and I can't figure out how to get the spell off the ghost before she kills me. What's the secret?

Old 29-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #105
Another Guest...

Um, I know this question is stupid, but...how do you open the door at the very beginning...? :tai:

Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 AM   #106

Click on the switch on the wall next to the door.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #107
Wicky
the little viking

I wish there was more action to fighting than just attacking, it would become more exiting with blocking and dodging.
And also the wait times until mana has regenerated after every fight were a bit boring..
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #108
Matthew Tucker

It won't talk to the guy in the dungeon. I clicked him and nothing is happening. I'm talking about the guy in the screenshot on the download page, anyone else having this problem?
Matthew Tucker is offline                         Send a private message to Matthew Tucker
Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #109
Matthew Tucker

Now when I re-start the game it freezes when I select a character.
Matthew Tucker is offline                         Send a private message to Matthew Tucker
Old 29-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #110

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 27 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]226837[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am in the undersea maze and I can't figure out how to get the spell off the ghost before she kills me. What's the secret?
[/b]
IIRC you should have found at some place in the maze or before a spell or 1-2 item(s) that ward death for a short time.