Durak
Games Master

Good choice!

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: :)'s
Durak is offline                         Send a private message to Durak
Old 02-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #32
Guest_KAIN

Always nice to see post's about Netstorm

I play quite a bit, am often in the skies and am one of the active Admins Durak spoke of. If you have any questions or queries please fine me.

KAIN

Old 09-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #33
Ka0s 0verdrive

I haven't installed the game yet, but will it auto detect the multiplayer servers?
and would it be too much trouble to ask someone for the source code for the server? so we can host LANs of this stuff?

just some questions that look like they ought to deserve an answer.

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: :)'s

Old 09-11-2004, 05:12 PM   #34
whirlibulf

- When you download Nestorm 10.64, (the current version,) it should come with the server address. It does not, however, detect the servers, but www.netstormhq.com should keep you up to date.
- The game comes with 'r.exe,' a LAN server. It cannot be used over the internet easily, but it works well on LANs.
- You can ask for the source code, but it's unlikely that you'd get it.

Old 09-11-2004, 06:26 PM   #35

that's cool, that's why I wanted to know if we could get the source out, to make a server for a lan, but seeing how it works with the game, that's all good.

Thanks for the info

Old 14-11-2004, 04:47 AM   #36

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm having trouble getting the game to run...

Whenever I click on Netstorm.exe I get an error - "NetStorm could not open file ".\d\options.cfg". Please insert the NetStorm CD and try again.

I'm hoping this isn't going to be the case, I used to love playing the demo of this game and I was ecstatic when I saw it on Abandonia...

Old 14-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #37
NsWorld of Netstormworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Nov 14 2004, 05:47 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm having trouble getting the game to run...

Whenever I click on Netstorm.exe I get an error - "NetStorm could not open file ".\d\options.cfg". Please insert the NetStorm CD and try again.

I'm hoping this isn't going to be the case, I used to love playing the demo of this game and I was ecstatic when I saw it on Abandonia...
should just qwork if you stick any old cd in the drive though if you got a burner I think thwere might be an article on netstormworld on how to trick it into thinking ther is an netstormcd in the drive.
or just click cancel/escape sometimes works. I run it on linux and it gets by that no problem

Old 28-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #38
Colt

Netstorm took over my life for around 2-3 years between 1996 and 1999. I spent wayyy too much time on the game when I should probably have been out doing other things :blink:

On the flip side, it was (and probably still will be should I install it again) one of THEE most enjoyable and damn fun games I ever had the pleasure of playing :Brain:

The cheats ppl mention were still about in the patched version (10.64). This resulted in almost everyone going back to 10.37 once the "sound effect crashing bug" was fixed (10.64 players would use a command to crash all 10.37 players)

I "met" and had a great laugh with a lot of ppl thanks to this game..... Nutstorm, Gordon Gano, Dirty Rotten Scoundrel, RabidMonkey, BarkingMonkey to name but a few as well as helping to work on the proposed expansion pack "Dark Skies" (I went under the name of Colt back then). Cheers for the good times lads

The game was wayyyy ahead of its time which, unfortunaetly, helped in its downfall. If it was released around 1999/2000 it would have taken off a LOT more.

Fantastic game released at the wrong time. Damn shame

Old 30-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #39

:Titan: This game is just great , i was searching for games to play online with friends, strategy ones, we are playing starcraft, but now i'm trying to convinced them to play net strom :whistle:

You have to have a quick mind and quick decisions to play this game
:Brain:

some times i just hoped my prist had a to snipe out some enemy towers

Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #40
Derek

like how many people actually use this forum? btw this will probably be my only visit here so dont expect me to come back.