Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #121
Rymdolov
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
See the yellow icon that has a power-line on it..?

Click and hold the button - there will be a small pop-up menu that will let you choose a power-plant.

You have to click and hold on a lot of icons (like the hospital one for schools and roads for trains and stuff) so it's an essential thing to learn.

I always go for green energy, but I always use the money cheats and "everything is free" cheat.
Cos I'm a big cheater
Thanks! I didn't try that...

In your honor, I've named my first town Cheatsville. :-)
Rymdolov is offline                         Send a private message to Rymdolov
Old 27-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #122
questionaire

yeah I get a whole set of error reports in the dosbox' game window and in fact the whole dosbox freezes.
as soon as I can reproduce it I post it (ironically it didn't happen again since I posted...)

Old 28-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #123
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Grrr. I can't get past the point where my first power plant explodes I just get my city in the black, and I'm making about $200 a month, when pop goes the weasel. And I just don't get waterfall tiles either. Maybe I shouldn't start in the early 1900's? I must try figure out a way to get skyscrapers more easily, too. And how to get an airport to work

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 28-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #124
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Airports need large areas of space.
As for power plants, if you have enough cash to replace it, the plant will not blow up but the cash will be automatically substracted from your pool.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #125
questionaire

so I was (finally) able to reproduce the error I run into from time to time:
dos/4gw professional error (2002): transfer stack overflow on interrupt 08h at 170:001ef75a
and then a whole bunch of dos mumbo-jumbo...
any ideas?
Dosbox crashes to a complete freeze at this point although it shows me the command line thing at the very end of the message

Old 29-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #126
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Change the game's soundcard settings to match DOSBox' sound emulation settings. See if it helps.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #127
arete

Good news is, I got an airport working With two runways.

Now I shall have to try the whole thing again, but with more space for expansion and a more centralised area for public buildings. Ever used subways? Are they any good? Bus stations don't seem to be used much...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
Old 29-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #128
peedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
Good news is, I got an airport working With two runways.

Now I shall have to try the whole thing again, but with more space for expansion and a more centralised area for public buildings. Ever used subways? Are they any good? Bus stations don't seem to be used much...
Bus stations work very differently to other public transport.

Train and Subway stations will take sims from within about a 3 square radius to another station on the network. I never found them very useful because you need to build so bloody many of them to get people around!!!

Bus stations however seem to have an area effect of reducing traffic in the local area. The buses don't actually travel from station to station, one bus station will work on its own.

Place bus stations at busy junctions/sections of road and you will notice that the traffic decrease noticably!!! :thumbs:
peedee is offline                         Send a private message to peedee
Old 29-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #129
arete

Tks, I'll do that. I should build a prison too, but I hate prisons... Atm I'm enjoying my very own seaport And I'm trying to build a rail network but it's difficult with all the mountains in the way. I prefer this game to SC 3000; it has so much charm Once I've got the whole map full of city, I'll start turning on disasters /ebil ... Or try get archologies that'll launch into space

Old 29-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #130
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Arete: Can send you a copy of my "perfect" city, if you like.

-- Reed Richards