Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #11
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well considering the way he said it.
I'm pretty sure he meant it in a bad way.

What about my getting to work the game question?

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 27-08-2005, 02:59 AM   #12
Seriphis

I agree with the reviewer, the game is very heavily a business sim and unless you find those type of games fun, your not likely to get much out of it... i've got the game here on cd, played it for a month trying to get a third zepplin in the air and stay there... alas no joy.
Seriphis is offline                         Send a private message to Seriphis
Old 27-08-2005, 05:25 AM   #13
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I just finished playing a couple of hours of this game.

If you are careful, do not over spend, get good ad contract, take the occasional freight offer when it is doable, and invest in better airships, you will do fine. Though I did find myself in trouble when I lost my first ship when I sent it from London to New York. I have now researched the lvl 2 ship reaching speeds of 50km/h ! with 10 passengers and 2 tons of freight, things are looking good. I have sold 49% of my stocks and I have 2 loans for 6000000, so prospects are not good but it is my first game and learning it.
I did choose the "easy/simple" option at the beginning though I have no idea how it would be different other wise.

I think the game deserves a 4.
The closest other game to this would be Ports Of Call. Though not often, this game also has some mini games, like bidding for creating ships for governments and trying to beat the world altitude and speed records without destroying your engines. Good game!

I run the game through DOSBOX first the sound set up program (with the defaults for sb) and then the game. I haven't increased the cycles, the game runs great.

I will definetely play it more the next few days.

EDIT: 1) I haven't figured out how the flight scedul works. I opened two offices and started a new route but the ship doesn't fly and I only pay expenses for the route. Any idea?
2)Find it enjoyable the "looking for wife" part of the game. Some clever answers there. Though the grammar is not always spot on. :-)
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 27-08-2005, 05:51 AM   #14
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by strangelove@Aug 26 2005, 09:37 PM
Who am I to argue with popular opinion! Then again Civ2 only got a user rating of 4 and I can't believe that anyone seriously rates this higher! Not bad as business sims go though..
Civ2 Rocks....sorry, heh.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 27-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #15
Helboy
God game.But hard (maxis games have more easy enterface).

Old 27-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #16
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

A stylish game. Few running-a-business sims have that much feeling for the time or place, though if it were done again, now, I think more options would be made available to keep matters more interesting. I'd give it a solid 3.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 27-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #17
Toxik
Game Wizzard

this is a good game but very confusing..any chance of getting manual here?
i remember playing this with my friend when i was young..it was funny because we totally sucked at this
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 27-08-2005, 01:37 PM   #18
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Mmm, I'll take a look and see if I still have my manual...Doubtful, but it's worth a look. If so, I'll scan it and PDF it. Don't let anyone's hopes follow me though, I doubt I still have it. But Maybe.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 28-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Aug 27 2005, 04:25 AM
Well, I just finished playing a couple of hours of this game.

If you are careful, do not over spend, get good ad contract, take the occasional freight offer when it is doable, and invest in better airships, you will do fine. Though I did find myself in trouble when I lost my first ship when I sent it from London to New York. I have now researched the lvl 2 ship reaching speeds of 50km/h ! with 10 passengers and 2 tons of freight, things are looking good. I have sold 49% of my stocks and I have 2 loans for 6000000, so prospects are not good but it is my first game and learning it.
I did choose the "easy/simple" option at the beginning though I have no idea how it would be different other wise.

I think the game deserves a 4.
The closest other game to this would be Ports Of Call. Though not often, this game also has some mini games, like bidding for creating ships for governments and trying to beat the world altitude and speed records without destroying your engines. Good game!

I run the game through DOSBOX first the sound set up program (with the defaults for sb) and then the game. I haven't increased the cycles, the game runs great.

I will definetely play it more the next few days.

EDIT: 1) I haven't figured out how the flight scedul works. I opened two offices and started a new route but the ship doesn't fly and I only pay expenses for the route. Any idea?
2)Find it enjoyable the "looking for wife" part of the game. Some clever answers there. Though the grammar is not always spot on. :-)
You have to have a ship in your depot(Build a zepplin),then go to the schedule, chose one, and assign the zepplin to the route.To assign, click on the arrow on the right.

Looking for wife?

Old 28-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #20
Toxik
Game Wizzard

yes theres searching for your wife..check the city button,you should occasionaly get clue where the rossane is,then go there and you can talk to her
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik