Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
ianfreddie07
wat

Default Bad Brotherly Habits

OK. I'm really sick and tired of what my 2 elder brothers are doing.

Situation:
2 brothers play online game. Both of them found a bot (auto-plays the game) and they haven't been the same since. As days pass, their greed becomes apparent. They leave both their PC and my dad's PC on 24/7 just because of the bot. I can't play because it's not allowed to be minimized, and it eats CPU usage (100% for 24/7) plus memory. My dad is also angry about this because it's a waste of electricity, and the PC could overheat, be extremely slow, crashy or just blow up when my brothers least expect it. My 2 elder brothers don't care, and they're botting just so they can prove they're good. My 3rd brother is also stingy with the PC, but at least he gives me an opportunity every now and then. My dad turns off the PC when he sees this, and he's reminding everyone about it... Nothing happens.

What do you think of my situation? What should I do?
Old 27-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Report them to the server authorities.
They'll get banned and that's it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

If they ask you to run the bot, say no.

If they insist, tell your dad.

But you should give them a break now and then.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 27-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Things like this make me glad I didn't have older brothers!
What game, BTW?

Last edited by Fruit Pie Jones; 27-04-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added question
Fruit Pie Jones is offline                         Send a private message to Fruit Pie Jones
Old 27-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Actually, Fifth's idea is a good one. Either that, or hack the bot to epic fail.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 28-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Bots run off of files right? Liek some sort of .Exe? If thats the case, delete the exe. I personally love fifths idea.

See my brother just plays on the computer all day, which is fine, he has a laptop which is WORSE then this pc but he plays WoW...pfft..WoW..

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 28-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
ianfreddie07
wat

OK, I was thinking of methods for them to stop botting without them getting mad at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman
Report them to the server authorities.
They'll get banned and that's it.
Hmmm... I thought of something in the vein of that. I would rather report to the server authorities that they should fix/patch the game and prevent it from running bots. That way, I'd be fair. I get some PC time, they get some PC time but the PC will be turned off and everyone walks away a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugerfang
If they ask you to run the bot, say no.

If they insist, tell your dad.

But you should give them a break now and then.
Saying no is not a good option. I already kept telling my dad, and my dad keeps scolding them and telling them a hundred eleventy billion times to turn off the PC when not in use. Break? They have their own PC to take a break with. They shouldn't enslave my dad's PC, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Pie Jones
Things like this make me glad I didn't have older brothers!
What game, BTW?
I sometimes thought that I wished I didn't have older brothers... The game is ZX Online, another generic chinese fantasy themed MMORPG. Nothing special about it. Same MMORPG pitfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumiuN
Actually, Fifth's idea is a good one. Either that, or hack the bot to epic fail.
I could do that. Either make the bot shutdown and restart the PC (Fake virus trick) or... I could make the bot rickroll someone. Good idea. Then they'll go epic fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb
Bots run off of files right? Liek some sort of .Exe? If thats the case, delete the exe. I personally love fifths idea.

See my brother just plays on the computer all day, which is fine, he has a laptop which is WORSE then this pc but he plays WoW...pfft..WoW..
They do. If I delete the EXE, they'll suspect something. I wanted to play WoW, but now I don't. It's a great MMORPG but the players... not so great.
Old 28-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

just ignore them and close it, your dad won't punish you anyways cause he thinks it's "bad" as well

reporting them would be really cheap and queer like. proper people don't do that
Old 28-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
They do. If I delete the EXE, they'll suspect something. I wanted to play WoW, but now I don't. It's a great MMORPG but the players... not so great.
Find an OLDER version of the bot and replace the current exe with it, then. Older, as in already blocked.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
Nick
Переводчик помаленьку

Send a message via ICQ to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

That's the danger of MMORPGs. I myself decided to try WoW to see what's so cool about that game and why people "dying" because of it. And so the result of experiment is about 2 weeks of WASTED time.

Nick is offline                         Send a private message to Nick