Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #31
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
Ok, I wont upload the CD ROM book before the aproval at requests section. And I understand the general idea about the unscannable stuff. And I will submit to the requests section.

Well, I wasn't too sure about who would I bother with questions, so here are some more:
a) Does the "appearence" of a new game (previously aproved and uploaded), depends on a review?
b) Is it so that normal contributers, after the aproved upload, lose "contact" with further phases of the process which includes adding some more info (like developer/plubisher, etc?)
c) I have quite a bunch of zipped games, that I downloaded along the years, and now I have no idea if they are freeware, shareware or whatever...
Would you recommend that I make some list(s) of them and put that list on requests without further info? (I mean games way below 5 Mb...)
Thanks again!
b) Except the review and the screenshots, the rest is done by our team of our updaters (like creating the gamepage on site, creating a newspost, giving PoE to contributors and other stuff)

c) If you want to offer the games, you should post the list here. Determining the status of the games is done both in Requests and here, in Offers. So if you have the games and want to offer them, of course you should post the list here.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 22-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #32
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
b) Except the review and the screenshots, the rest is done by our team of our updaters (like creating the gamepage on site, creating a newspost, giving PoE to contributors and other stuff)

c) If you want to offer the games, you should post the list here. Determining the status of the games is done both in Requests and here, in Offers. So if you have the games and want to offer them, of course you should post the list here.
It looks like Mobygames... always depending of a descrption/review, (they were not demanding screenshots, if I remember well). This matters to me, because I will not produce any review... No rush, then.
Oh well, I guess that I will just stick with some boxshots and manuals for games already on the database.
Thanks anyway.
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Old 22-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
Dragom
Game freak

Default Supremacy

Boxshots CD version
Old 22-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #34
Saccade
[BANNED]

Hey Dragom - you may find some of these tools and sites useful for file management, especially for creating archives and preparing links for the ISO Cellar:

http://www.mediafire.com/
Make an account here, if you don't have one. It is good for storing smaller files or if you don't mind splitting an archive. Putting things here means people can get at them easily.

Don't substitute it for the FTP, though! Make sure games not for the ISO Cellar go on there.

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
Is needed to split the archives (to store on Mediafire) and reconstruct them. You shouldn't need to do this for things to go up on FTP.

http://www.7zip.com/
For creating / using .Zip files. This is the preferred file-type.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
For creating / using .Rar files, as it's handy to have.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
A virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive - essential for using and testing disc-images.

http://www.magiciso.com/download.htm
Magiciso is okay... I don't use it, but it's a good one to start off with, I guess.
This is needed to creat .iso's (among other file-types) from discs and burn images onto physical media.

There are free alternatives to any software, really. But file hosting, if you want really good hosting - like no size limit, bandwidth allocation, speed - then you often have to pay for it.

I can't find that Golden Immortal game anywhere except that site you pointed out.
Do you have it?

And Dragom, make the list like this:
Code:
Supremacy    -- Boxshots CD Version [on ftp]
This Game    -- Game and Manual
Another Game -- Review and Screenshots [on ftp]
Instead of:
Supremacy
Code:
Boxshots CD version
As it isn't obvious straight away what it is you're talking about.
You can still keep the post title - but make sure to put the game title in the post, too!
Putting a few in the list at a time is also good. People work in blocks of things, most of the time, as it's easier than doing things individually.

If you follow the established format, it's less confusing for everyone.
Trust me - My thread is a f***ing nightmare...

Last edited by Saccade; 22-10-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 22-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #35
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
Boxshots CD version
Yes, you can upload it. Please don't create different threads for stuff you offer, post all of it here. If the thread title bothers you, tell us if you want to change it to a more general one. We can do that in no time.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 22-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #36
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Yes, you can upload it. Please don't create different threads for stuff you offer, post all of it here. If the thread title bothers you, tell us if you want to change it to a more general one. We can do that in no time.

Right, Touche was not the matter anymore, (or at least for for a while...), I see you changed the name of the thread: thank you!
Old 22-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #37
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
Hey Dragom - you may find some of these tools and sites useful for file management, especially for creating archives and preparing links for the ISO Cellar:

http://www.mediafire.com/
Make an account here, if you don't have one. It is good for storing smaller files or if you don't mind splitting an archive. Putting things here means people can get at them easily.

Don't substitute it for the FTP, though! Make sure games not for the ISO Cellar go on there.

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
Is needed to split the archives (to store on Mediafire) and reconstruct them. You shouldn't need to do this for things to go up on FTP.

http://www.7zip.com/
For creating / using .Zip files. This is the preferred file-type.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
For creating / using .Rar files, as it's handy to have.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
A virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive - essential for using and testing disc-images.

http://www.magiciso.com/download.htm
Magiciso is okay... I don't use it, but it's a good one to start off with, I guess.
This is needed to creat .iso's (among other file-types) from discs and burn images onto physical media.

There are free alternatives to any software, really. But file hosting, if you want really good hosting - like no size limit, bandwidth allocation, speed - then you often have to pay for it.

I can't find that Golden Immortal game anywhere except that site you pointed out.
Do you have it?

And Dragom, make the list like this:
Code:
Supremacy    -- Boxshots CD Version [on ftp]
This Game    -- Game and Manual
Another Game -- Review and Screenshots [on ftp]
Instead of:
Supremacy
Code:
Boxshots CD version
As it isn't obvious straight away what it is you're talking about.
You can still keep the post title - but make sure to put the game title in the post, too!
Putting a few in the list at a time is also good. People work in blocks of things, most of the time, as it's easier than doing things individually.

If you follow the established format, it's less confusing for everyone.
Trust me - My thread is a f***ing nightmare...
Hi,
I am not sure about what you mean with "preparing links" (for the ISO Cellar), but let me ask some questions first, please:
a) I understood that ISO Cellar is the common name of the "recipient" for the ISO images - possibly a server where Mediafire sits... - is that right?

b) It also seems there are limitations for the uploads: size matters, I guess, and the splitting stuff is supposed to solve problems of too big ISO files - right?

c) So, if I have an ISO file - aproved! - and ready, what should I do next is to go to my account on Mediafire and upload it? - but then,
1) who else (but me) is able to go into "my" account there ?
2) and what would be those links (above mentioned) for?

d) I usually do stuff with Alcohol120 combined with Nero. I suppose I can get an ISO image with Alcohol - if so would that be ok?

e) Ok, I will pack/list some, and will drop them on the very same thread...

I just wonder that if messing messages (in threads like this) with lists of games to offer (in the same thread) won't be a bit confusing even for aprovers... but I will do my best :-)
Old 23-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #38
Dragom
Game freak

Default games & games stuff

Now, ready for uploading:

Crisis in the Kremlin - boxshots
High Seas Trader - boxshots
Nazi Paradox - boxshots
NaziParadox - manual
The Great War 1914-1918 - boxshots
Fields of Glory - boxshots
Beverly Hillbillies - boxshots
Wings of Fury - boxshots

-------------------------------

Killing Cloud - game
Killing Cloud - boxshots
Undersea Adventure - game
Undersea Adventure - boxshots
Nephis Quest - game
Nephis Quest - boxshots
Timequest - game
Timequest - boxshots
Berlin 1948 - game
Berlin 1948 - boxshots
The President is Missing - game
The President is Missing - boxshots
Search for the Titanic - game
Search for the Titanic - boxshots

Last edited by Dragom; 24-10-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #39
Saccade
[BANNED]

I'll make sure I upload the Timequest review and stuff - I think the archive may already be on the FTP.
The boxshots would be handy, as mine aren't original.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 23-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #40
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
I'll make sure I upload the Timequest review and stuff - I think the archive may already be on the FTP.
The boxshots would be handy, as mine aren't original.
Great!

BTW: I have an account at Mediafire...

Last edited by Dragom; 23-10-2009 at 09:45 PM.