Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #151
Nodal

This games actually kinda tough. It's hard to get started.
Nodal is offline                         Send a private message to Nodal
Old 25-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #152

Hello guys,
I downloaded this great game; but there are 2 little problems to solve.
First, i am using dos-box 0.71 but game doesn't have sounds.
Second and more important one; i did everything to open my restaurant. Put 4 recipe to menu, hired chefs and waiters, put floor accesories, used carpest, buying supplies etc.
Finally i open it; but in first 3 days no customers came to my restaurant (and staffs too). So, what must i do?
Thank you (and i am sorry for my english)

Note: Second game (Pizza Connection 2 was very easier than that, so i like the first one

Old 30-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #153
Monkeyboyen
Lurker

Got two questions

1.Does anyone know if the insurance are usefull for something ?

2.How excactly does the popularity marking work for the resturant. It sometimes goes up and down with any special events.

Also, when the mafia comes along trash the place, I throw out all the damaged items and replace them, but the popularity goes drasticly down and customers are lost forever it seems. I keept it going for weeks without the customers coming back.

Monkeyboyen is offline                         Send a private message to Monkeyboyen
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #154
Surfsuds

Hi, everyone. Pizza Tycoon is one of my Abandonia favorites. k:

Just from reading questions on this page, let me pass along some "getting started" tips - just from trial and error experience.

1. Zero sales: Advertise! It's the loud speaker icon when outside your restaurant. Pay for a week's worth of posters. That's a good start. Customers will come second day. In order to have any sales, you MUST have three of the original recipes on your menu. When you start adding your own pizza concoctions and adjusting your menu, you can easily drop one of the originals that isn't selling. Boom! Sales go down to zero. That's happened to me a few times.

2. Visit from goons: pay the extortion. At the beginning of the game you are low man in the mob hierarchy. After you pay that first time, you have to increase your rank. Do this (and build a nice bankroll) by gun/weapons running between cities. First thing is save your game. Use the telephone to call "other" and pick the bottom option (in Rome I think it's Luigi). The mob uses code so you are going to buy "ice cream" at a low price in one city and sell it at higher price in another. Save game and fly around for fun to get the idea. The salesmen are a hoot, Prince Charles, Abe Lincoln, Churchill etc.. Ask "Do you sell ice cream?" when buying and "Are you interested in new merchandise?" when selling. Once in a while the cops will catch you so be sure to save game, lie low and try again later. After you succeed a few times, the game will announce you've gone up in rank. You are no longer a pushover and the goons won't come back.

3. Insurance: I don't know what it's for either.

4. Sound: I use "D-fend", a front end loader for Dosbox. I'm using DOS65 for now. I browse/fill in "C:\MPS\PIZZA\MPSCOPY.EXE" for the game EXE. and "C:\MPS\PIZZA2\PIZZA.BAT" for the setup EXE. When I'm ready to play, I right click on "Pizza Tycoon" in my D-fend game list, and select "Run setup.'' This starts the game and gives me music but no voices. Anything else gives me nothing, no sound. It's fun to play jukebox in your restaurant.

***My own question is about renewing contracts. I've dripped and added recipes so still have food I don't use and have contracts which start and end at different times. My hired manager doesn't take care of this part of the game. It's a mess, an expensive mess because I may continue getting food on contract that I don't use. I'm hoping it spoils so I can get rid of it. I'm so confused. Is there an easier way to manage food deliveries?

Hope my replies were helpful and thanks for any help anyone can offer me.
Surfsuds is offline                         Send a private message to Surfsuds
Old 24-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #155

hi
can i play it in fullscreen mode while using dosbox? i only get windowed

Old 24-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #156
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Press Alt + Enter to swap between full screen and window mode.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #157
Saris

Hasn't anyone who've played Pizza Tyccon gone directly to Chicago, pressed at the church and then called the first brokers office and asked to buy the place.
Then You get very, very broke, but can sell the church back and get loads of money...

Anyone?

Old 15-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #158
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Saris @ Oct 9 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]315451[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hasn't anyone who've played Pizza Tyccon gone directly to Chicago, pressed at the church and then called the first brokers office and asked to buy the place.
Then You get very, very broke, but can sell the church back and get loads of money...

Anyone?
[/b]
no, i didn´t do that, but i can make many loans and after save the character, and then begin a new game with that character, and you will begin with all the money the you ask, before. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 16-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #159
mwerfel
Lurker

Default Save Characters

How do you save characters? I can save games, missons but not characters. Also in the "character" panel in the game i dont't find any "save" option.
mwerfel is offline                         Send a private message to mwerfel
Old 26-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #160
yomurphy

the easiest way to manage the replenishment of your restaurants is renting or buying a warehouse. Here you can buy supplies centrally and quicker than by buying for every restaurant seperatley. I experienced that most managers are just plain lazy and do nothing so after making some bucks I always switch to the central warehouse strategy.
yomurphy is offline                         Send a private message to yomurphy