Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-04-2005, 08:51 AM   #31
Phieeel_NOSPAM_@gmail.com

So uh, yeah. Absolute syndicate nut here. I own the original disks for Amiga, have a copy of Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars for Amiga. Several people have mentioned the music tracks on the SW CD, and I absolutely loved those songs because they went with the feel of the game. However, my disc is past it's prime and showing all sorts of cracks on it. Thanks to this, the music skips a lot. So uh, what I'm asking is for the kindness of a fellow Syndicate nut to help me out here. If you've got the Syndicate Wars CD and some sort of CD ripping software, if you could send me the music files, I would be forever indebted to this person.

If you're willing to help, Contact me at my email listed as my name, minus the _NOSPAM_ part. k: We can work out specifics then.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #32
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

I seriously doubt that you have this game for Amiga.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 17-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #33
Fallen Templar

hey, I've been looking everywhere to get that game again... (syndicate plsu that is). I haven't had much luck on torrents or abandoneware sites... if possible, you think you could make an iso of that game and send it over?

thanks.

my email is fallentemplar13@hotmail.com as is my msn ID

Old 20-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #34
Paul

I loved this game when it first came out. I remember getting it and playing it on my P133 with envy at my friend who had a P166 which did offer a noticeable framerate gain.

I remember getting stuck playing it....and then I quit
Paul is offline                         Send a private message to Paul
Old 26-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #35
Phieeel

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact@Apr 11 2005, 03:28 PM
I seriously doubt that you have this game for Amiga.
<.< whoops, didn't notice that typo. Heh, you got me. I own the original Syndicate for Amiga. Not Syndicate Wars. Not that it wouldn't look even better on Amiga >.>

But uh, yeah. I'm about to set up an older machine of mine that is able to run syndicate wars just so I can play it (among a few other ones that I seem to have problems getting to run in DosBox).... I'm running Win2K with an AMD... Athlon XP. Had to go check. Any idea if I'd have better luck with VDMSound? I doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong. I've tried running it with No Sound options, and I keep getting a "Your System is Low on Virtual Mem" error, and it'll play the intro movie, but then just exit. In DosBox, it just runs... at a very horrid framerate. I've tried tweaking my CPU core and Mem settings (dosbox.conf), to no avail. Any suggestions apart from going ahead and setting up my old AMD K6/2 box?

@FallenTemplar: I'll be more than happy to help you. I've added you to my MSN list, my name is Phieeel at Hotmail.com. I did manage to get Syndicate Plus to run through DosBox, which ironically refuses to run on my previously mentioned 'ghetto' box.

Old 22-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #36

Someone tell me how to get those esa games.. (noob question :whistle: )

NO WAREZ! - Havell

Old 23-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #37
Sinisa

Send a message via Yahoo to Sinisa

ah, brings back memories, one of my favourites log long time ago
Old 28-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #38
Negativeions

People, people... this game ROCKED! end of story... That doesn't mean it didn't have bad things about it. If done right this game would have been game of the year no problem. The game had a few problems:
- the game's graphics were overly ambitious for it's time. Moloneaux wanted his cyberpunk vision of a future realized in 3D at a time when 3D hardware was pretty crappy... The potential for greatness is so blantantly obvious. the only thing that really bugged me was the decision to use such horrendously crappy 2D sprites.
- The unlimited ammo thing I thought was pretty stupid compared with the original Syndicate. How about you pick up other people's ammo that you kill? Or buy ammo from a shop in the level?.. jeez, it only took me 2 seconds to come up with that one.

Aside from those 2 things the game blew my mind. The Music was gorgeous. The intro alone was just... bloody amazing. Why in hell hasn't there been another sequel since?? Just because Bullfrog screwed up a little bit with Syndicate Wars doesn't mean the series is dead you *meep*en idiots at EA. You can all go to hell.

The atmosphere and feel of the game was amazing. The sterility and blandness of it did a good job to portray a horrific future of corporate control through the use of deadly cyborgs... Cyborgs kick behind!

Do me a favour people, Imagine if Syndicate came back.. just imagine for a second what it would be like with beautiful high detailed 3D graphics. Add some more game play elements here and there, preserve the feel of sterility and horror... and you got one kick behind cyberpunk thriller on your hands. Just thinking about it drives me nuts.

BRING BACK THE SYNDICATE!

Old 04-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #39
JMD

Wow.
Well for what ever it's worth, next year I will have been playing PC games for 25 years.
In all those years and of all the games I have played, Syndicate Wars still stands out like few others.
Great dark mood, excellent graphics for the time and one of the first fully and totally rotating 3D maps.

Beyond that it was one of the first games at the time that had a squad where you could break by your group and send them off indifferent directions for different tasks.
As mentioned, you did not have a very beefy system at the time or you were doomed to play at the lower graphics setting which made the game VERY blocky.

What really killed me was most all reviewers did not seem to know there was a higher graphic setting and panned the game because it was blocky.

Regarding the bad looking sprites: Bulldog was originally a bit over ambitious alright. I recall Bullfrog had to scale back the res on the sprites as there so many the original sprite movements on screen brought any PC at the time to it's knees.

I Really would like to play this game on my new XP system, is there any site / web page that could out line how?

Thanks
in advance

JMD

Old 05-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #40
The Zoom Factor

Just as a quick follow up to an earlier post regarding the "Zoom" funstion not working.

The Zoom function in the game is not an independent function of your cyborgs but a function that works in conjunction with the ranged weapon you are using.
You first weapon, "Uzi", has an extremely short range and therefore the "Zoom" factor is nil and non existent..

The first weapon upgrade available that has a slightly longer range is the "Minigun".
Once you either purchase or acquire a "Minigun" you will notice the "Zoom" range begin to work.
It is at its most functional when you acquire the long range sniper rifle.

I finally got the game to run last night and re played the first level.
It is amazing how the opening cut scene in this game STILL gives me goose bumps.
I agree that this game could have been one of the best every but the hardware was not out yet to support it.

Best

JMD