Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #131
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Raasted@Apr 20 2006, 05:22 PM
Concerning the PoP/PoP2 - I have now replayed PoP2, and I think I know what I meant with the inferior combat system. It is basicly the same, but it feels like the prince reacts a little slower in PoP2 (it has nothing to do with the speed of the game or the machine it runs on) - it may be imaginary, but it sure does feel like that...
Definitely, I don't think it's imagination... I've felt the same way about the way prince moves, especially a combination of running, then jumping: he seems to react a lot slower than in PoP 1.
Old 21-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #132
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Raasted@Apr 20 2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the corection - though I would like the corect answer with it k:

/Raasted
In the room with the exit, there is a ledge on the right hand side. The slab over the pressure plate that opens the gate on the left side of the room will fall if you walk on it. You may also be able to drop down to the ledge on the left, from above, but I have not tried it, you have been warned.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 21-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #133
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
In the room with the exit, there is a ledge on the right hand side. The slab over the pressure plate that opens the gate on the left side of the room will fall if you walk on it. You may also be able to drop down to the ledge on the left, from above, but I have not tried it, you have been warned.
Oh - that wasn't what I meant - my question was: Is it in the 7th, 8th og 9th level, that the Princess' mouse helps you open a gate?

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 21-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #134
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

According to GameFaqs, it's Level 8.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #135
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
According to GameFaqs, it's Level 8.
Thank you for the answer k:

Your link don't work though

Quote:
On every single HTML page of GameFAQs is the following request:
Feel free to link to this page, but not directly to the FAQs..
/Raasted
Old 21-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #136
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Raasted@Apr 21 2006, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Oh - that wasn't what I meant - my question was: Is it in the 7th, 8th og 9th level, that the Princess' mouse helps you open a gate?

/Raasted
Sorry; I had you confused with one of the people that could not get past the level 9. The mouse on level 8 was a very pleasant surprise.

I am so glad someone mentioned the save game command. By dint of loading in cheat mode, upping the time left, resaving and then reloading in normal mode, I have finally gotten to level twelve with uncramped fingers and enough time to make more than a token attempt at completing the level before the time runs out. Once I have done each level, I can try to finish the game in an hour.

The nice thing about the combat system for PoP is that it is fast and keeps in the spirit games time limit. Another good reason for the simplistic combat model is that, though combat is often unavoidable and there is the final fight with the Jaffar, combat is not the most important aspect of the game.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 21-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #137
guesst
Abandonia Homie

I remember getting to the point with the mouse, after days of perfecting my running and jumping and then getting stuck there. I'd always turn around and see if there was something I could do different and the blade would kill me after I messed around for a while. Finally in frustration I gave up and put the game away for years.

Then I found it on an abandonware site, deicded to give it another go, but this time I used a faq to help and what'dya know! You're supposed to just chill at the gate for a second and you're released by a helpfull rodent! So that's why she sent it off in the cut screen. Not as satisfying as finding it out myself, but at least I was able to eventually finish the game.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 21-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #138
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Yes it is a very nice feature (Jordan mechner - ). And I agree, that combat isn't the primary thing in PoP - which is another argument in the PoP vs. PoP2 discussion - with the slower fighting system in PoP2, fighting becomes (partly due to the level design) fighting becomes a larger part of the game than it was in PoP.....

/Raasted
Old 22-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #139
dr_st
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Apr 21 2006, 01:17 PM
Definitely, I don't think it's imagination... I've felt the same way about the way prince moves, especially a combination of running, then jumping: he seems to react a lot slower than in PoP 1.
That's true. PoP2 requires you to be more precise with your jumps etc. At first it was difficult, but I've adjusted and now I hardly misjump.
dr_st is offline                         Send a private message to dr_st
Old 22-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #140
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by guesst@Apr 21 2006, 06:39 PM
I remember getting to the point with the mouse, after days of perfecting my running and jumping and then getting stuck there. I'd always turn around and see if there was something I could do different and the blade would kill me after I messed around for a while. Finally in frustration I gave up and put the game away for years.

Then I found it on an abandonware site, deicded to give it another go, but this time I used a faq to help and what'dya know! You're supposed to just chill at the gate for a second and you're released by a helpfull rodent! So that's why she sent it off in the cut screen. Not as satisfying as finding it out myself, but at least I was able to eventually finish the game.
yah that's a nastay trick. i found out when i was playing with cheats on and then i was checking out the level arround. when suddenly i noticed the mouse going towards me. then it was suddenly all clear to me.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor