Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #41
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

well i dont' know specifically hwo long. but usually sooner is better. make an army and try to take it over. but save before the attempt. that way you can see approximate strenght of opponents army. Later on you will probably develope one fo the skills that help you see the opponents strength by right clicking him. you will egt some roug data on his strength.

In HOMM1 attacking the castle is much easier. there is no moat, there is only one balista in the castel. so you can go on it quite early. also usually when opponent leave the castel he buys his units and goes adventuring. that would be a good time to attack it, because chances are there aren't many units left in the castle to guard it.

as soon as your armies feel strong enough. let's say you have about double figures of some main units (eg. knights, pikemen, showrdsmen, archers...) you should try to attck him. chances are (unless there is some specific mission goal) that he won't have much stronger army. and with the propper use of spells you have a good chance of victory.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 AM   #42
Knug

Anyone know where I can get maps for HoMM 1?

Old 02-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally posted by Knug@Apr 2 2006, 02:51 AM
http://members.tripod.com/quebecdragon/homm1.html

Here are a few maps to download (scroll to the bottom)
Dont know if they still work, its an old site you see!

Old 05-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest+Apr 2 2006, 08:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 2 2006, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Knug@Apr 2 2006, 02:51 AM
http://members.tripod.com/quebecdragon/homm1.html

Here are a few maps to download (scroll to the bottom)
Dont know if they still work, its an old site you see! [/b][/quote]
The crusades and island of doom are pretty maps

Old 07-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #45
B@F

IMHO Heroes 1 has the prettiest graphics I had ever seen in a strategy game. The sounds and music are excellent too - sometimes I play the original CD just by the CD player :-).
It's a pity there's not an editor here - creating the maps is almost as funny as playing (although HOMAM 2 is better for that).
I recommend buying the full version - it's not too expensive today and it surely worths it!

THE CAMPAIGN IS THE BEST PART OF THE GAME!

Btw., the strongest and most easy to play sort of creatures are barbarians (trolls!), then knights (not too strong, but cheapest), then elves and warlocks (expensive and so slow at the beginnings).

Enjoy :Titan:

Old 07-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #46
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by B@F@Apr 7 2006, 01:39 PM
IMHO Heroes 1 has the prettiest graphics I had ever seen in a strategy game. The sounds and music are excellent too - sometimes I play the original CD just by the CD player :-).
It's a pity there's not an editor here - creating the maps is almost as funny as playing (although HOMAM 2 is better for that).
I recommend buying the full version - it's not too expensive today and it surely worths it!

Btw., the strongest and most easy to play sort of creatures are barbarians (trolls!), then knights (not too strong, but cheapest), then elves and warlocks (expensive and so slow at the beginnings).

there is an editor here.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #47

Quote:

Hmmz, in my opinion, the elves and warlocks have the best army's in the end. It is easier to fight a battle without losing a single monster with these army's. But then I am talking about an army wich contains over 100 units of the strongest monsters wich can fly and can attack 2 squares. Adding the right use of magic, you can prevend a serious counterattack of the enemy ( spells like paralyse or blind). Even if you have sustained any damage, just paralyse or blind the LAST unit of the enemy, and skip a few turns and use ressurect to heal your damaged unit.

And voila! A battle without a loss!

Tip: You cant use ressurect ont dragons! (or any other spell)
Furthermore, you'll have to think wisely wich units you attack, and wich you will paralyse! (Or in other words, use a water proof strategy!)

Old 07-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #48
Droopinho

Hi guys! I just have a little problem. I have launched the game. Everything is ok but I have no sound... what can i do to get it back?

Old 07-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There should be a configuration menu in the game - have a look inside.

If that doesn't work, try using compatibility modes.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #50
dr_st
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
But get Dragons and everyone is dead. HoMM1 is really unbalanced in this sense. In HoMM2 at least had Titans that were closely matched to Black Dragons.
dr_st is offline                         Send a private message to dr_st