Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
wnerw
Lurker

Default Unknown space shooter

Hi everybody!

When I was younger my father brought me a game from his friend. This game involved flying a spaceship and shooting to aliens' spaceships. Here are some facts that I SURELY remember about this game. If I would remember something, I will write it here.

1. Main menu was inside of sapceship or a space station, definietly it was a room. Options were "hided" in objects around that room. "Exit" option was hided in doors on the left of the sreen.

2. This was an auto-side scrolling game, spaceship was flying from the left to the right.

3. The game was shareware version with only one level (chapter, or something like that), but player was able to purchase full version.

4. At the end of the first level (or chapter) was a round giant boss waiting to be defeated.

5. In the second part of first level (chapter) spaceship was flying in something like tunnel in some planet or mother-ship.

6. When player closed the game, there come a few sreens with scrrenshots from full version, infos about new weapons and bosses, blah blah blah...

7. This was for sure game for Windows, that is for sure. I don't know if it worked on DOS etc.

8. This was classic spaceship shooter genre.

9. It was popular (released, or just something like "new") in times of Pocket Tanks. I think it could be released around 2000 year, but it could be 1999 or 2001.

10. I remember one type of opponent! It was a alien spaceship that was something like wall, but it was getting bigger and then smaller again! Player was supposed to avoid it.

Please, help me! I'm desperate to find title of this game!!!

PS Sorry for my English, I'm trying my best
wnerw is offline                         Send a private message to wnerw
Old 26-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

hmm, it wasn't one of these, was it
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/64...ar+Worlds.html
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/27...The+Day+3.html

i tried selecting "futuristic, action, sidescrolling" games for windows and dos but that brings just too much results. too bad there isn't some genre like "raptor/space impact/whatever 2d flying space ship shooter clone"