Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Ranting World

OK, the title itself is obvious enough - rant about things at your own free will and maybe people will start talking to you - this is the Blah, blah, blah after all. I'll start!

There was a head on colision between two passenger trains in Slovenia this weekend. A train left the station on time, but since another train was running late (nobody knows why) the two trains met at a section where there were no stations and nobody even noticed something was about to happen!!!

The reason is that except for the main railroad Y (Maribor - Ljubljana - Divača, it branches off at Zidani Most towards Dobova) all the other railroads are considered unimportaint. They are not electrified, most of the road/railroad crosings aren't properly secured, there is oly one set of rails (so there can't be two train meting at these sections of the railroad except on stations - and even that not on all of them) and the trains don't even have dispatch units in them, so the station dispatcher can't communicate with the engineer (except by using the personal cellphone). That's what caused the accident! I mean, come on - two trains collided because nobody noticed they will run into eachother!!! It's like below the novince level of Railroad Tycoon and yet it happened in a country that is presiding over the European Union at the moment :confused::mad:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Arrghhh! Why Is Garry's Mod 9 Giving Me An Error! Arhgggghhhh........
Also, Why Cant I Come Up With Ideas For My Comic! Arghhh.....

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 28-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Your own ideas for a comic?! I've got many of them, but I won't tell them to you, since they would be mine instead of yours then and it wouldn't work
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Kugerfang

Actually, I'd be fine if Ianfreddie07 chatted more on the chatbox.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 28-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

And here's an idea... a chatbox that is actually alive. Imagine Ianfreddie isn't an actual user, but the mischiefes thoughts of the bugs behind the new layout (bugs are really artificial inteligence - you can measure something is inteligent, when it stops obeying and get's a mind to do something of its own) and by talking to you they want to infiltrate into the real world.
Old 28-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Kugerfang

Sure! I'd think of that when I'm on high!

-Terry Pratchett
Old 28-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
Tulac
Union Leader

I can't make myself study. ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 28-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

A little trick my brother passed down to me - buy a return train ticket to somewhere really far away. You'll have nothing to do but study all the way there and back (I think Split would be far enough - but still possible to return on the same day).
Old 28-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
Tulac
Union Leader

I think I'd sleep it over. :P
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 29-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Lucky you, I have no place to sleep right now. The new bed I got isn't set up yet (need some more tools and it's too late to get them) and the old one was taken away already, so I only have the spare bed which is a little colapsable steel contraption on wheels.