Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
I use to listen my music with Winamp when playing games.
Thats horrible yoga, thats why your videos have no music

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

1) Yep, "Zoltan" is hungarian.

2) to find the right type of hireling just save the game, look around the peasants walking in the town, and if you don't find the right one, just reload. No harm done.

3) Sparks is a BAD spell. Getting close to anything is BAD, especially as on lower levels you'll find two type of enemy:
- low HP low dmg ones
- high HP massive dmg ones
The first don't deserve a sparks, the other will augh in your face if you try that.

What spell I suggest is single-aim things for start (best is poison - only oozes are immun to that, against them you'll need any other basic spell, like firebolt), then Fireball (helps lowering the number of mid-game groups when closing you) ...
Heck, here are what you'll find useful for all elements:

Priestly spells:
Body: Cure Weakness (must use after Cure Insanity), First Aid (basic healing), Cure Wounds, Cure Poison (limited use), Cure Disease (very limited use), Flying Fist (THE priest attack spell), Power Cure (THE best healing in this sequel)
Mind: Remove Fear, Cure Paralysis (specific area useage), Cure Insanity (but don't forget if you are out of mana anyway, Insanity is a good buff on melee power!)
Spirit: Remove Curse, Heroism (might use one or two times only, but I mention)

NOTE: Any mind-altering spell (like Fear, Charm, Slow) does NOT WORK in this game (bug)

Magical spells:
Fire: Torch Light (rise Fire Magic to Expert ASAP just for this), Fire Bolt (cheap basic attack spell, mostly used against oozes, but good against anything at the start), Haste, Fireball (late game things become immun, but there are plenty of places this can be useful), Ring of Fire (mostly to kill things through doors. Don't buy this if you don't do that), Meteor Shower
Air: Wizard Eye (I think an NPC can also help you out with this), Static Charge (same as Fire Bolt, just in another element), Feather Fall (must have), Lightning Bolt (VERY cost effective and strong, especially mid-game), Jumo (must have), Fly (THE reason of Air magic)
Water: Awaken (very limited area specific use), Water Walk (until you learn to Fly), Ice Bolt (Bloody Good Single Damage Spell), Enchant Item (only if you want to have some fun), Town Portal (the reason of Water Magic), Lloyd's beacon (even more TEH reason of Water Magic)
Earth: Deadly Swarm (THE best starter damage spell, except oozes are immun), Stone to Flesh

High Magic:
Light: Day of the Gods, Hour of Power
Dark: Toxic Cloud (in case you rly want an even bigger gun), Day of Protection, Armageddon (very late area-specific useage for total kill - like you'd care at that point, but gives a laugh), Dragon Breath (not that immensly useful, but at least gives variation)

NOTE: you CAN have in this game BOTH High Magic! Gaining good reputation is hard, so people almost always end up being ultimate evil at the end by massacring innocent peasants for it, but oh well.

NOTE 2: SOME people prefer to use Shrapmetal lategame. It releases multiply projectiles, and if you're totally right on the monstah they all hit the same one.
A "small" problem that is (aside getting that close) is, hat with 50% chance it deal ZERO damage. So I just learned to avoid this.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #13
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Thats horrible yoga, thats why your videos have no music
Mi dispiace, Caro Capo!
Mama mia...!

Wow...
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You don't need a scholar, Yoga, I never had one.

You can use the identify skill for identifying items and if it's not high enough you can just equip the items to see the benefits.
You can also pay the merchants for identifying (or even save, identify, reload to save the money) but most of the time you can simply sell it, if a staff looks like a staff and sells for the same little money you can be sure it's just standard staff for example.

I prefer using a other NPCs like banker (more money), instructor (more XP bonus), merchant (better shop prices) or explorer (faster travelling).

Keep in mind that hirelings have to be paid for joining so it might not be worth it unless you want to keep them for a very long time. If you decide to take a scholar you're pretty much forced to ignore identify and keep him until the end of the game to make it wort it.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually:
- you can not equip unidentified items
- identify skill would demand many skillpoints and traveling, what can is better to be spared
- scholar also gives exp too, what is always good

On the other hand banker after the beggining (like when you leave the second area, Castle Ironfist) become useless, as you'll find plenty of equipment to sell.

Instructor is BAD as it is very expensive AND don't spare you like 78 skillpoint. Merchant is even worse, not giving you anything in particular.

Traveling time simply never matters. When it'd start to matter (there are a limited amount of timed quests) you'll just use teleporting. Not to mention travel-speeding hirelings are "payed then released", as they simply not worth paying constantly.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #16
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Actually:
- you can not equip unidentified items
- identify skill would demand many skillpoints and traveling, what can is better to be spared
- scholar also gives exp too, what is always good

On the other hand banker after the beggining (like when you leave the second area, Castle Ironfist) become useless, as you'll find plenty of equipment to sell.

Instructor is BAD as it is very expensive AND don't spare you like 78 skillpoint. Merchant is even worse, not giving you anything in particular.

Traveling time simply never matters. When it'd start to matter (there are a limited amount of timed quests) you'll just use teleporting. Not to mention travel-speeding hirelings are "payed then released", as they simply not worth paying constantly.
You can equip unidentified items.

Instructors give XP, bankers and merchants give money, both nice to have.

Scholars aren't that great. Compared to teacher, you have to pay almost twice as much (5% instead of 3%) and your party gets only get half the XP bonus (5% instead of 10%) just for the sake of having one single skill covered.
And if you have a a scholar and skip learning the identify skill you can't replace him without suffering because your party will be unable to identify items themselves, a high level party should be able to do the things needed and have hirelings for bonuses, not so crippled that they can't do without one type of hireling.

Last edited by kmonster; 07-11-2013 at 02:49 AM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 08-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #17
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
especially as there are some timed quest, and belive me: you don't want to miss the right time for the druid quests!
Actually, there are quests that tied to time of year, but I think nothing for really timed quests (i.e. failed on overtime).

Also, every monster in game respawn once per year. It can help, if you want to meet someone or boost yourself for really high levels (same "you spend 3 months for levelling" from part 3 is still here, so time flies very fast sometimes).

Also, keep in mind that game have two totally different battle modes.

- In turn-based one you have all time in the world to apply skills, hits and spells, and hits are obeys restrictions and RNG throws.

- In real-time it's shooter. Every skill/spell that you are using will hit, if it visually hit it's target, and miss otherwise. Same for you - sidesteps works against almost any range damages. So suit yourself.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #18
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Halo, mates!

Ich arbeitet...

OK.
The game is so nice that i have no words..

@Kmonster
Ja, I did my Identify option. I invited Melinda the Healer, who back up in hard battle moment.
Another helper will be Instructor or Banker.

I am 13 level already.

But i met real problem with this fuc-ed Castle of Baa.
Keys problem.
What i did?
I killed all moving, flying live or dead creatures in the castle.
Even these endless skeletons in big hall.
(They are in hall with entrance, protected by fire explosion. Remember?)
OK.
They i entered another location and found a Store Key.
With this key i may open nearest room but in the chest has NOTHING!
(I think this is the problem or maybe my version is bugged as lift in Wizardry 6 --my dialog then with Kmonster)..
and ich bin kaput!!
Ah, i try the central with 4 doors in order NEWS. Received message -- Door is clicks--
Help, pls.
Where is my mistake?

brave

Hi, StaaViinsZ.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

About that "store" key: could you post a picture of the map-location you tried to use it?

Otherwise the "middle chest" is openable by opening the little room's doors in the right order (if you do it wrong a spell will hit you I think). The required order is hinted on plackets on the little room's walls.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
About that "store" key: could you post a picture of the map-location you tried to use it?

Otherwise the "middle chest" is openable by opening the little room's doors in the right order (if you do it wrong a spell will hit you I think). The required order is hinted on plackets on the little room's walls.

Roger.
Yes, touching doors was hit by spell.

May I continue the game without completing this task - Baa temple?

May I do Video clips and if Yes where, the hell, is located ready video file?
Ctrl+Alt + F5?

I want to visit Frozen town but duno what ship is to this town?
This nice town with snow..

Ships schedule ?
Attached Images
File Type: png Baa temple.png (30.0 KB, 6 views)